New website

For all things Wealdstone FC

New website

Postby WfcGooner » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm

...well, not that one. Hey with all the spam on here, I thought I'd add to the pile (sorry Attic). So.........

I was recently inspired to take up running (I haven't since I was at school) to raise some money for a great cause, called Willow, by doing their 10k run. I was never likely to threaten Sir Mo but a recent motorbike "incident" hasn't done me any favours. Along with a lifelong love of a pint and a pie, please don't be looking for a world record. Instead, you can console yourself with the thought of me wobbling around Hatfield House for an eternity, whilst raising money for this marvellous cause.

I am truly thankful for any support, donation or sponsorship.

https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/WfcGooner

Willow is the only national charity working with seriously ill young adults aged 16 to 40 to fulfil uplifting and unforgettable "Special Days".

Founded by former Arsenal goalkeeper and TV presenter, Bob Wilson and his wife Megs, Willow is a lasting memorial to their daughter, Anna, who died of cancer aged 31. Since 1999 Willow has fulfilled more than 15,000 Special Days for young adults living with life-threatening conditions such as cancer, motor neurone disease, cystic fibrosis, muscular dystrophy and Huntington’s disease.

At times of real uncertainty a Special Day provides the inspiration to make every moment count and a positive focus away from diagnosis and treatment.

For some their Special Day is the opportunity to return some normality to their lives. For others it is the last chance to fulfil a dream. But for all, at what is the most difficult of times, a Special Day can lift spirits, reunify families and be a source of strength when it’s needed most.

It's a wonderful charity and you can find out more on their website: https://www.willowfoundation.org.uk
WfcGooner

Re: Thank You

Postby WfcGooner » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:03 am

Whilst we all stare at the screen awaiting the name of our next round opponents, I thought I'd say Thank You.

Yesterday I managed to make it round the rather challenging Willow 10k yesterday, in lovely autumn sunshine. I managed to do it in 1:05 which is about 1:04 slower than some/most of you but, having given it my all, still a time I'm pleasantly surprised about (and will cost a couple of our lot another £20 each as a result! :) ). Almost made "Sober Saturday" worthwhile (actually nothing would - that hurt).

Although sponsorship is still arriving, I will have - through the generosity of many - raised about £1500 (maybe £1750 with Gift Aid) for a wonderful cause, the Willow Foundation. I sincerely thank you again for such wonderful support.

(And should you still wish to chip in.... https://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/WfcGooner )

#UTS #KTF #Wemberleeeeeee
WfcGooner

Return to stonesnet forum