H&RB - Home - Sat 13 Oct - Non League Day

For all things Wealdstone FC

H&RB - Home - Sat 13 Oct - Non League Day

Postby FGW » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:57 pm

Nice and early post for our home game against Hampton & Richmond Borough on Non League Day (13 Oct) - https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/news-blog ... wealdstone

Spread the word far and wide and let's see if we can beat the (Mon Night) Woking attendance :D
FGW

Re: H&RB - Home - Sat 13 Oct - Non League Day

Postby WfcGooner » Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:03 pm

With the England match behind closed doors in Croatia, there's a few of us who'll boost that attendance for once! ;)
WfcGooner

Postby HammeredWasp » Tue Oct 02, 2018 10:35 am

..............and it's played on a Friday night
HammeredWasp

Postby TalkinStone » Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:31 pm

A great opportunity to achieve our second 1,200 plus crowd of the season.

Hopefully we can really target local youth football clubs (including our own), schools, colleges and go beyond the the usual (and effective) Twitter blitz.

It would be good to see wider poster circulation and maybe a leaflet drop. Can Bobby or a player visit 3-4 local schools or colleges and do a talk and give out some tickets.

Hopefully Hampton will bring a few more than usual too.
TalkinStone

Postby worruz » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:01 pm

TalkinStone wrote:A great opportunity to achieve our second 1,200 plus crowd of the season.

Hopefully we can really target local youth football clubs (including our own), schools, colleges and go beyond the the usual (and effective) Twitter blitz.

It would be good to see wider poster circulation and maybe a leaflet drop. Can Bobby or a player visit 3-4 local schools or colleges and do a talk and give out some tickets.

BW should be doing this sort of thing and more in my opinion.

He is full time is he not or am l mistaken? We should be getting a few hours a day out of him.
worruz

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue Oct 02, 2018 8:08 pm

worruz wrote:
TalkinStone wrote:A great opportunity to achieve our second 1,200 plus crowd of the season.

He is full time is he not or am l mistaken? We should be getting a few hours a day out of him.

I mentioned this at the AGM, asking BW whether he should be going into schools as he was full time. It was said that they would look at it, but Nick Symmons was already doing similar and GB too. I am still unaware what a full time manager at a part time club does, if they don’t get involved in community projects on a weekly/ daily basis.
Elmslie Ender

Postby FGW » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:45 pm

I am told that the club will be working again with the Prostate Cancer boys & girls on the day so make sure you bring plenty of 'shrapnel' for the bucket collection..... :P
FGW

Postby Blue & White Army » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:55 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:
worruz wrote:

I mentioned this at the AGM, asking BW whether he should be going into schools as he was full time. It was said that they would look at it, but Nick Symmons was already doing similar and GB too. I am still unaware what a full time manager at a part time club does, if they don’t get involved in community projects on a weekly/ daily basis.

Problem is...BW probably has to do 2 school runs a day as it is, as well as his day a week at Reading washing cars or whatever it is he does there.

Joking aside...i too would love to know how its justified as a full time role. The directors (one anyhow) have been hammered for giving some players ridiculous contracts. Whats the difference here?
Blue & White Army

Hampton and Richmond home 13.10.18

Postby attic » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:43 pm

Without doubt the Cup draw will be on everyone's mind but we can't let our focus drift from this big home game that will soon be upon us. Hampton are currently on form and are 4th in the league. This in spite of losing a number of players and having to throw together a team pre season. They weren't really fancied this season but it seems their manager McCann has worked wonders thus far. Never an easy game and lets just say our home record against Hampton is pretty mediocre. Added interest of course in that their starting line up will include three ex Stones. The talented but erratic Wellard and Whichelow are getting regular game time as well as the less talented and unmemorable Corcoran. Hampton have often just ran through us in the past but I do not expect this to be the case this time. We are more robust in general. We've also finally got an attacking midfielder that is a consistent threat throughout. This makes a big difference to the dynamics of the team. Just need a couple of others to come to the party and we will be a genuine contender.

Looking forward to this one.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby FGW » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Need to spread the word far and wide if we want a bumper crowd in for this one and make it a successful day...... :D

Footnote: But only one thread on this forum... ;)
FGW

Next

Return to stonesnet forum