New Electronic Score- Board

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: New Electronic Score- Board

Postby attic » Tue Oct 09, 2018 3:05 pm

To be fair most people are capable of knowing the score of a game of football without needing to look at a scoreboard. Unless your one of those types who stumbles into the bar at 3:30pm and out again at 4:15pm.

Maybe its being put there for a reason? Logistics? Possible chance of an executive suite having prime view of this from the halfway line?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby shortstuff » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:01 pm

To answer Charlie's question on the Black Director's building just below the roof. With our current team right in line for a direct hit from one of our normal (wayward)shots. Those in the Wenzel Stand and Bulla will struggle to see it and I suspect Adam's tongue in check 'Hospitality suite guests', especially when the crowd are standing in front of it.
shortstuff

Postby Enfield Stones » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:23 pm

attic wrote:To be fair most people are capable of knowing the score of a game of football without needing to look at a scoreboard. Unless your one of those types who stumbles into the bar at 3:30pm and out again at 4:15pm.

Maybe its being put there for a reason? Logistics? Possible chance of an executive suite having prime view of this from the halfway line?

To be fair , in that infamous FA Trophy game at Cheltenham in 1992 , I thought we drew 2-2 even though we lost 3-2 , I missed their first goal having fallen asleep in the toilets after one of the most horrendous drinking spells seen at a Wealdstone away match !!! I even nearly turned upto the replay 3 days later !!
I could have done with an electronic scoreboard that day !!!
Enfield Stones

Postby Big Phil » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:36 pm

Enfield Stones wrote:
attic wrote:To be fair most people are capable of knowing the score of a game of football without needing to look at a scoreboard. Unless your one of those types who stumbles into the bar at 3:30pm and out again at 4:15pm.

To be fair , in that infamous FA Trophy game at Cheltenham in 1992 , I thought we drew 2-2 even though we lost 3-2 , I missed their first goal having fallen asleep in the toilets after one of the most horrendous drinking spells seen at a Wealdstone away match !!! I even nearly turned upto the replay 3 days later !!

Perhaps you should change your identity to Enfield Stoned :shock:
Big Phil

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:22 pm

Enfield Stones wrote:

...a day when we fought the law and we won!!! 8-)
s.k.khanna

Postby GingerGuy » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:03 am

...a day when we fought the law and we won!!!

I wonder how many on this board were at that game? Probably quite a few!
For those wondering what the hell we're talking about, I believe Jez invaded the pitch when he thought we'd drawn (on his own of course, he was the only one who didn't know the score).
The police got him, but a tug of war ensued, where we got him back onto the terrace and away.
I may have mis-remembered some details...
GingerGuy

Postby Elmslie Ender » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:38 am

GingerGuy wrote:
...a day when we fought the law and we won!!!

I wonder how many on this board were at that game? Probably quite a few!
For those wondering what the hell we're talking about, I believe Jez invaded the pitch when he thought we'd drawn (on his own of course, he was the only one who didn't know the score).
The police got him, but a tug of war ensued, where we got him back onto the terrace and away.
I may have mis-remembered some details...

Jes tried to get on the pitch long before the final whistle, indeed it was when we scored an equaliser. This was an on-going problem for the young Jeremy as he was drawn to running on the pitch on multiple occasions and had to be saved from security/stewards/police numerous times - the worst being at Salisbury. Now that was strange game. They won the league and we invaded the pitch!
Elmslie Ender

Postby Blue & White Army » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:50 am

s.k.khanna wrote:...a day when we fought the law and we won!!! 8-)

Not everyone was as lucky.....2 of the blokes i was with ended up spending the night in South Harrow nick after some shenanigans once back in Harrow. A very drunken day!!
Blue & White Army

Postby Elmslie Ender » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:11 am

Still say that Cheltenham trip in the Trophy was the best away day ever.
Elmslie Ender

Postby worruz » Wed Oct 10, 2018 2:40 pm

This was on twitter

'Wealdstone FC‏ @Pressoffwfc · 7h7 hours ago

NEW SCOREBOARD INSTALLED! @wealdstonefc Our main stand sponsors @Wenzelsthebaker have generously donated a brand new LED Scoreboard which we plan to have running very soon. It has been temporarily located next to the club office but will be moved to a more suitable location ASAP
'
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum