Wealdstone FC AtticSnaps Photo Archive 2004-2008

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Wealdstone FC AtticSnaps Photo Archive 2004-2008

Postby Rayners Blue is Back » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:56 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:Great memories, I think. You forget how close to playing park football we were at times and how small our gates etc were.

But we still took hundreds away :)
Rayners Blue is Back

Postby attic » Fri Oct 05, 2018 11:57 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:Great memories, I think. You forget how close to playing park football we were at times and how small our gates etc were.

Funnily enough I've had many a conversation about this recently. What it does actually do is put into context where we presently are. And from our point of view in the early-mid 2000's, being 7th in the Conference South with aspirations to move higher would have been the stuff of fantasies. I think though, that we always had the belief that no matter how long the odds were, within a reasonable amount of time we would soon be back to the club's perceived natural level. That is what kept us going and that is why we got so, so frustrated at times when things didn't go well. Maybe we were harsh considering how small a pot we had to piss in. However, I'd rather that than giving up and accepting indefinite mediocrity.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Roge S » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:56 pm

attic wrote:we were harsh considering how small a pot we had to piss in.

And it had a hole in it.
Age comes to those who wait.
Roge S

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum