Postby worruz » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:25 pm

Nice bread in Hungerford as well

:D ;)
worruz

Re: Hungerford 1 Stones 2

Postby timfparks » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:16 pm

worruz wrote:Nice bread in Hungerford as well

:D ;)

I presume this is some baps-related joke Peter.
Yes, it was job done although hard work at times. Freddie G has had better days but he stuck at it and you can never accuse him of hiding. BW tweaked it a bit at half time with Fumnaya Shomotun swapping with Danny green and they were both hugely influential... although Shomo was MoM again for me with his magical Messi feet. His assist for Bradders’ opening goal changed the complexion of the game, and of course his second goal (bending the ball through a crowd of players into the bottom corner pretty much wrapped it up.
Shomo also skimmed the crossbar with a wicked 20 yarder in the first half while Jeffrey M also pounded the woodwork in the final 20 mins as we looked to put gloss on the win.
Credit to Hungerford who worked their nuts off to compete, but we were convincing winners in the end. Now to huddle around our wireless sets for the 4th qual round draw on Monday.
I love the FA Cup!
timfparks

Postby attic » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:34 pm

This time last year we were in a state of near meltdown after our FA Cup defeat against Burgess Hill. This time around things are feeling a hell of a lot better. Today's game pretty much went as many predicted. Scrappy, not particularly good viewing but we won our personal battles and showed glimpses of genuine class in the second half. 2-1 flattered Hungerford. They simply weren't in it at all. A year on from that awful afternoon and there's no doubt we're more robust, especially in the middle of the park. Players don't hide when things aren't going well and these are all qualities of which will carry us a fair way. Of course you can point out areas that we need to improve in. I though Shomoton more or less carried our attacking threat single handed today. Played with a real conviction and was extremely direct. A few others need to follow his lead. The ability is there. Just need extra belief. Thought Bubb's goal was a classic strikers poach. Need him to stay fit now.

Onwards and upwards.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Big Phil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:39 pm

Take Shomo out of the equation today and we could probably have been there all week and not scored.He was by far the stand out player today and if he keeps on playing like this is going to be sorely missed when he goes back to Barnet.Yet again got in to a fairly comfortable position only to make it hard for ourselves in the last 10-15 minutes.But a win is a win and now to look forward to the draw on Monday.
Big Phil

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:40 pm

The boy Shomoton has genuine box office and saved our bacon with two pieces of sublime skill. Barnet anyone, next round, though I suspect Barnet will not allow Shomo to play ?
Last edited by Elmslie Ender on Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elmslie Ender

Postby Big Phil » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:52 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:The boy Shomoton has genuine box office and saved our bacon with two pieces to sublime skill. Barnet anyone, next round, though I suspect Barnet will not allow Shomo to play ?

How about Salford at home ?
Big Phil

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:53 pm

Big Phil wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:The boy Shomoton has genuine box office and saved our bacon with two pieces to sublime skill. Barnet anyone, next round, though I suspect Barnet will not allow Shomo to play ?

How about Salford at home ?

4q is still regionalised.
Elmslie Ender

Postby russpa » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:56 pm

Only NLS sides to be eliminated were ones v another NLS i believe.
russpa

Postby bootcha » Sat Oct 06, 2018 6:59 pm

Big Phil wrote:Take Shomo out of the equation today and we could probably have been there all week and not scored.He was by far the stand out player today.

What are the effective contributions of Green and BHO? I think the above pretty much answers that question!

Consistently not good enough.
bootcha

Next

Return to stonesnet forum