New Striker

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: New Striker

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:11 am

That’s a good low risk signing IMHO. Lots of experience and ripped us apart last season so we know what he is capable of. Must be non contract so he has an opportunity to show what he can do whilst Pratt is out injured. If he’s successful then it’s a nice problem to have. Charles and Bubb up top tomorrow will be difficult for the Hampton defence.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby BillyByrneFan » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:28 am

Yes, he had a golden debut for them, some players do. (Bubb) But I remember thinking at the time he looked more surprised than anyone and that he probably wouldn't keep it up or meet many defences like ours. He seems similar in stature and style to Shaun Okojie who we had on loan last season from Aldershot I think. Bobby said he would like to work with him further and develop him if he had the chance in the future. Okojie has been scoring a few goals at Leatherhead this season, putting Benyon in the shade. Let's hope Bobby can develop Elliot Charles. Spoke to Pratt at Hungerford and he thought he should be fit for this weekend.
BillyByrneFan

Postby attic » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:32 am

Agree our defending was pretty awful V Hampton when he got his hat trick. This game more or less condemned Day and T to also rans. However you still have to put the ball in the onion bag. How many times have defences opened up this year only for us to not make the most of it? Probably a bit too often.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby deadly » Fri Oct 12, 2018 12:03 pm

Looks on paper a good signing and hopefully will fit in nicely.
Our defence is a lot better this season than last so I hope to see a good passing game from Wealdstone against a decent Hampton side., with our new striker filling his boots. :P :P
It is the proverbial 6 pointer game so let's all go for it.
UTS
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:10 pm

Surprised he wasn't used today as we seemed to be wasting time for the last 15 minutes getting it in the corner.

We lost shape when they had a man sent off, so plenty for Bobby to work on, if he can get them playing 90 minutes like the first 25 then the future is bright (orange).
Waltons Left Boot

Postby rayners lament » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:49 pm

Waltons Left Boot wrote:Surprised he wasn't used today as we seemed to be wasting time for the last 15 minutes getting it in the corner.

We lost shape when they had a man sent off, so plenty for Bobby to work on, if he can get them playing 90 minutes like the first 25 then the future is bright (orange).

I agree, but at least his presence gave Pratt a gee-up, which may well have been the intention, and to good effect,and it was important to give Pratt some game time.
rayners lament

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum