Stones 2 HRBFC 1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Stones 2 HRBFC 1

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:54 pm

We were excellent for the first 20 minutes and the 1st half in general.

2nd half off the boil but a good result.
worruz

Re: Stones 2 HRBFC 1

Postby attic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:41 pm

Gutsy performance and some real quality showed in the first half. Should have really been out of sight at half time. Both forwards getting on the scoresheet with a couple of poaches always good to see. Second half a bit scrappy and frustration being show at our play here and there. However we have gumption in the centre of midfield and this will often be enough to carry you through games.

Hampton pretty disappointing with three ex Stones Wellard, Whichelow and Corcoran all being hooked. The latter showing himself to be classless with his gesture to the crowd.

Believe we are 4th or 5th in the league and looking at three consecutive attendances of 1000+. Things on paper are really looking good. Little wonder that a small group of Barnet and Brentford hoolies had to join forces together to seemingly have a pop at us. Looks like the youth and stewards saw them off.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 4:48 pm

Excellent win that lifts us to 4th in the table, 5 points off top spot. Friend of mine attended for the first time this season (Watford season ticket holder) and said at half time he couldn't believe the difference between the two sides. He felt we looked sharp, quick, fit and technically very good. We were impressive first 45 mins. Second half we seemed content to sit deep and try to hit them on the break. Dickson was difficult to contain at times - a good signing for Hampton that, can't understand why Chelmsford let him go - but the defence and Northy held firm.

Talking of firms, heard the Police after the game talking about a mob of Brentford and Barnet fans who had come down looking for trouble. Seems they found it and were sent on their way but I also saw Hampton fans being chased down the High Street towards the station as I drove home.

1,163 in the ground, excellent considering the poor turnout from the visitors. 1,000+ next week for the visit of Sutton as the Stones gather some momentum.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby deadly » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Superb first half where we quite easily could have been 4 goals to the good (apart from another penalty miss).
Second half not so good despite Hampton having a man sent off, we were far too deep at times...however, it is points in the bag that count, so let's look at the league table shall we??

1 Billericay Town......................................................1-0 12 8 2 2 23 10 +13 26
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Welling United...................................................... 2-1 12 7 3 2 23 11 +12 24
3 Woking............................................................... 1-1 12 7 3 2 20 13 +7 24
4 Wealdstone...........................................................2-1 12 6 3 3 19 12 +7 21
5 Bath City..............................................................2-0 12 7 0 5 17 10 +7 21
6 Hampton & Richmond Borough....................................1-2 12 6 2 4 18 13 +5 20
7 Slough Town......................................................... 1-2 12 6 2 4 16 11 +5 20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 Torquay United....................................................... 4-2 12 5 4 3 13 8 +5 19

Our FA Cup opponents for next Saturday Sutton United meanwhile lost on penalties to Bohemians of Dublin in the Scottish Iron Bru Cup.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Last edited by deadly on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat Oct 13, 2018 5:52 pm

First twenty or so minutes we were excellent and could have been four ahead, but thereafter seem to lose the plot, reverting to long ball and let Hampton back in the game. A win is a win though and two very tough games at home, in front of big crowds to look forward to. Need to sort out penalties pronto, but less of an issue with Green's one this time as it did take a full length dive from the keeper to save the spot kick, though it was a nice height.

The former Stones were largely anonymous, with Manvila probably the best of the bunch. Corcoron actually didn't get too much stick until he was substituted when he reacted in the classless manner you'd expect from him. Winchelow got a nice reception as he went off, but none of the former Stones performed in a manner that would suggest that we'd made a mistake, as we'd expected.

Decent gate of 1,165, especially with a pretty small Hampton following.

As for the shenanigans, probably the quietest off I have ever known about. Could see the youth being agitated in the second half but never realised what had happened until an hour after the game!
Elmslie Ender

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:09 pm

Barnet I get, but why the hell would Brentford come to us looking for trouble?
worruz

Postby breakspear stones » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:11 pm

worruz wrote:Barnet I get, but why the hell would Brentford come to us looking for trouble?

They came & they certainly didn’t conquer

UTS
breakspear stones

Postby 61663 » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:13 pm

'Interesting' view posted on the Hampton forum ...

Whingeing on that Wealdstone have a 'despicable'group of 15 youths supporting them, one of whom 'disgracefully' called Corcoran a 'British racist cu .. next .. tues' when he was substituted ...

Clearly the Hamptonite thinks it's fake news that Corcoran has actually been convicted of racially aggravated criminal offence...

Hats off to that young man, I say ...

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:21 pm

61663 wrote:'Interesting' view posted on the Hampton forum ...

Whingeing on that Wealdstone have a 'despicable'group of 15 youths supporting them, one of whom 'disgracefully' called Corcoran a 'British racist cu .. next .. tues' when he was substituted ...

Clearly the Hamptonite thinks it's fake news that Corcoran has actually been convicted of racially aggravated criminal offence...

Hats off to that young man, I say ...

I’m not sure it was British but the rest was spot on and was the highlight of the 2nd half.

I saw Fatty McCann looking over when Corcoran rightly got stuck. Oh so what he did was ok then
worruz

Postby charlie » Sat Oct 13, 2018 7:28 pm

Back to the scoreboard, great we have a clock at last..... Noticed the Bulla emptied on 40 minutes.

Only 4 minutes added time!...thanks ref.... Play like the first 25 minutes against Sutton ,who knows what might happen.

Wide open for there goal ,player was totally unmarked.

Worry on these pens... 4 missed to date.

What was it 6 ex-stones in Hampton line up.... Shame Beavers lost there Cup Final.
charlie

Next

Return to stonesnet forum