Stones 2 HRBFC 1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 2 HRBFC 1

Postby attic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:03 pm

If the prefix 'British' was used to add some apparent value to abusing Corcoran then why wasn't this person given a right hander?? Or more sensibly ejected from the ground. Corcoran may be a racist thug but why add his apparent nationality to the equation?

His most negative trait is his footballing ability anyway. Totally crap. To think we had he and Ball in centre midfield. No wonder we struggled
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:29 pm

attic wrote:If the prefix 'British' was used to add some apparent value to abusing Corcoran then why wasn't this person given a right hander?? Or more sensibly ejected from the ground. Corcoran may be a racist thug but why add his apparent nationality to the equation?

His most negative trait is his footballing ability anyway. Totally crap. To think we had he and Ball in centre midfield. No wonder we struggled

The prefix British wasn’t used. The bloke misheard from the other end of the ground.....

and let’s not forget you originally wanted Corcoran kept on after his indiscretion

:lol:
worruz

Postby attic » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:52 am

worruz wrote:
attic wrote:If the prefix 'British' was used to add some apparent value to abusing Corcoran then why wasn't this person given a right hander?? Or more sensibly ejected from the ground. Corcoran may be a racist thug but why add his apparent nationality to the equation?

The prefix British wasn’t used. The bloke misheard from the other end of the ground.....

and let’s not forget you originally wanted Corcoran kept on after his indiscretion

Well we'd already worshipped a player who had done time in the distant past. So I guess Wealdstone players behaving badly is nothing new. However I'll admit I'd forgotten how crap he really was.

Talking of people behaving badly come to think of it I saw about 10 little twats walk provocatively in front of the Bulla in the first half. Maybe these were part of the alleged Barnet and Brentford oiks? To be frank they didn't look very hard at all.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby russpa » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:11 am

attic wrote:
worruz wrote:

Well we'd already worshipped a player who had done time in the distant past. So I guess Wealdstone players behaving badly is nothing new. However I'll admit I'd forgotten how crap he really was.

Talking of people behaving badly come to think of it I saw about 10 little twats walk provocatively in front of the Bulla in the first half. Maybe these were part of the alleged Barnet and Brentford oiks? To be frank they didn't look very hard at all.

A volunteer steward was injured and others we needed along with police help , this is not good and even more on a day many families were in attendance , this is happening several times a season, you can see how many stewards paid or not that are at games now and if you think 2 years back we were happily going along with a few guys and a fairly peaceful match day experience
russpa

Postby Ronnie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:18 am

charlie wrote:Back to the scoreboard, great we have a clock at last..... Noticed the Bulla emptied on 40 minutes.

The Bulla emptied so that the occupants could move to a position where they could see the scoreboard.
Ronnie

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:48 am

Didn't go yesterday as I was canoeing down the Thames but obviously very happy to hear the result. Still missing Rhys Tyler I see, arguably one of our better performers this season so a big miss and of course BHO and Monakana also missing so plenty of options available to BW as we enter a run of big games. Green probably most at risk from the starting eleven yesterday as he's had a poor season so far IMHO. Looking at Richmonds team sheet I'm surprised they've started so well because I just don't see much there and we all know how the Wealdstone rejects will perform as the Winter sets in so possibly they've over achieved so far. So all eyes now on the FA Cup next weekend, another big crowd and the chance of a giant killing. Our home form has been good so with luck and a fair wind we should be able to give Sutton a good run for their money and then its in the lap of the Gods.

UTS

WGANS
The Guvnor

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:58 am

attic wrote:
worruz wrote:

Well we'd already worshipped a player who had done time in the distant past. So I guess Wealdstone players behaving badly is nothing new. However I'll admit I'd forgotten how crap he really was

It wasn’t the fact that he’d been inside - don’t think he did go inside - but what he was convicted off. The club rightly dispensed with his services , though certain players didn’t make that process as easy as it should have been.
Elmslie Ender

Postby worruz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:19 am

attic wrote:[Well we'd already worshipped a player who had done time in the distant past. So I guess Wealdstone players behaving badly is nothing new. However I'll admit I'd forgotten how crap he really was.

Well with regards to what I mentioned it wasn't that he did time (or got fined and paid it off £10 a week which was actually happened) for racially abusing one woman and assaulting another one (what a guy) it was the fact that he was crap and you actually wanted him retained.

The bloke did us a favour. Gave us a chance to get rid of him. :)
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:01 am

worruz wrote:The bloke did us a favour. Gave us a chance to get rid of him.

Agree that Corcoran was average at best so getting rid of him was hardly going to have an impact on the team.

It would have been interesting to see how the club would have responded had it been one of our better players.
The Guvnor

Postby charlie » Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:06 am

Noticed the official site match report has given players the "Attic approach" of marks out of ten.

Most getting 8/10 .
Bradley Bubb marked at a 7.... Thought he had his best game for some time!!...hold up play, plus a goal merited at least 8.

Guvnor speaks of Rhys Taylor (injured and waiting to come back) being one of this seasons better performers thus far...(agree.BUT)

Rhys not a shoe in to return straight back into the team .. Jake Sheppard showing how good a player he is, played well yesterday.
charlie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum