Stones 2 HRBFC 1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 2 HRBFC 1

Postby Curtis » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:25 pm

Spoke with Rhys Tyler (not Taylor as far as I know) who is still getting over the insect bite that has led to him being sidelined and is about a week away from being available for selection.
Curtis

Postby attic » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:54 pm

russpa wrote:A volunteer steward was injured and others we needed along with police help , this is not good and even more on a day many families were in attendance , this is happening several times a season, you can see how many stewards paid or not that are at games now and if you think 2 years back we were happily going along with a few guys and a fairly peaceful match day experience

I guess its perfectly logical that as the club slowly grows then the chances of crowd trouble also grows with it. We probably do have to review the stewarding situation when larger crowds are expected.

Yesterday's shenanigans were totally unexpected though. I believe that's the first time that a third party has turned up to a Wealdstone league game looking for trouble?
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Ally » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:36 pm

attic wrote:
russpa wrote:A volunteer steward was injured and others we needed along with police help , this is not good and even more on a day many families were in attendance , this is happening several times a season, you can see how many stewards paid or not that are at games now and if you think 2 years back we were happily going along with a few guys and a fairly peaceful match day experience

I guess its perfectly logical that as the club slowly grows then the chances of crowd trouble also grows with it. We probably do have to review the stewarding situation when larger crowds are expected.

Yesterday's shenanigans were totally unexpected though. I believe that's the first time that a third party has turned up to a Wealdstone league game looking for trouble?

Stewarding is costing the club £1,000 per game according to one of the new board. That is a massive dent in the gate money for every game.
The shenanigans that happened yesterday were planned in advance. The youth were talking about it as they walked up Shenley Avenue on the way to the game.
Ally

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:39 pm

attic wrote:

Apart from the Wycombe fans that turned up for the FA Cup game against Colchester. Both examples were out of the ordinary though. Barnet would normally have had a game yesterday and Wycombe didn't play till the Sunday. The constabulary seemed to have intel and were prepared for the Wanderers crew but yesterday was a bit of a surprise. Another learning curve.
BillyByrneFan

Postby worruz » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:47 pm

Still don’t get what Brentford had to do with it?

Also, some Dutch fans supposedly?

Is this true?

What the hell is going on?
worruz

Postby Enfield Stones » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:03 pm

worruz wrote:Still don’t get what Brentford had to do with it?

Also, some Dutch fans supposedly?

Is this true?

What the hell is going on?

Something strange is happening, the police are looking for a Barnet fan who could also be a Brentford fan who lives in Amsterdam!! Non league day is great, bring on the next one!
Enfield Stones

Postby HammeredWasp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:16 pm

There is a picture on twitter of Barnet fans with their Dutch supporters branch celebrating after yesterday
HammeredWasp

Postby TwoToneStone » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:38 pm

What are they celebrating? They got chased out... :lol:
TwoToneStone

Postby Blue & White Army » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:43 pm

TwoToneStone wrote:What are they celebrating? They got chased out... :lol:

Don't think the picture was from yesterday!
Blue & White Army

Postby HammeredWasp » Sun Oct 14, 2018 6:47 pm

The fella on the far right is wearing the same hat
HammeredWasp

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum