Shomoton

For all things Wealdstone FC

Shomoton

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:37 am

Another cracking performance from the little fella on Saturday. Doesn't seem to fit into Barnet's plans anymore given they've allowed him to be cup tied, I wonder what it would take to keep him permanently? Might take a crowd funded "12th Man" scheme to raise the money to pay for him I suspect.
BornundertheElmslie

Re: Shomoton

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:57 am

Lights up the pitch and excels at this level, which must be satisfying for him. Am I also right in thinking we've won every game he's played in?

Surely key to our plans for cups runs and the playoffs or better.

As good as Eisa, if not better and can't wait to see him shred Sutton United's defence on Sat.
Last edited by Royal Blue on Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Royal Blue

Postby russpa » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:00 pm

he does have lots of skill and fast feet but needs to find a pass more at times but is a pleasure to watch. Only thing i can guess is against better and higher opposition he can go missing when out muscled. But at this level as on Saturday he had two marking him because one he can bamboozle. Lot harder with 2 but should leave gaps.
russpa

Postby Elmslie Ender » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:16 pm

He's a lovely player and a joy to watch. Yes, he does keep the ball a bit too much and is on the small side, but has been the real spark on the pitch and has fabulous quick feet. On the Barnet forum, the opinion on him seems mixed particularly in that there have been seven managers under whom he's played and that none of them really fancy him. Would love to keep him for longer.
Elmslie Ender

Postby attic » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:25 pm

Surely we would have to move an existing attacking midfielder on? The squad is already rather large.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby warren » Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:19 pm

I would say if we win Saturday we should try to keep him. If we lose I suspect a few players will be moved on. Can we afford his wages I doubt it as we are already over budget
warren

Postby bootcha » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:30 pm

warren wrote:I would say if we win Saturday we should try to keep him. If we lose I suspect a few players will be moved on. Can we afford his wages I doubt it as we are already over budget

Are you in charge of the budget then???
bootcha

Postby timfparks » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:16 pm

You can read all about him in Saturday’s programme. He is subject of the next interview. Exclusive!
timfparks

Postby warren » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:19 pm

bootcha wrote:
warren wrote:I would say if we win Saturday we should try to keep him. If we lose I suspect a few players will be moved on. Can we afford his wages I doubt it as we are already over budget

Are you in charge of the budget then???

TBH i dont think anyone is
warren

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:49 pm

We've obviously had issues all season with our creative players not really doing it and now we've come across someone who actually does what it says on the label. It does seem feasible that Barnet may be open to offers but it probably means a few will need to be moved on. Plenty to choose from.
The Guvnor

Next

Return to stonesnet forum