Supporters club AGM 31st January

For all things Wealdstone FC

Supporters club AGM 31st January

Postby chewie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 8:06 am

The Wealdstone F.C. Supporters Club Annual General Meeting will be held on Thursday 31st January  2019 starting at 1930.
chewie

Re: Supporters club AGM 31st January

Postby torben » Sun Jan 13, 2019 2:37 pm

In my limited understanding of the supporter’s club affairs I suggest given our current club related issues that this is an opportunity for us to hear from the supporter’s representative and what has occurred at board level. As fans we have a number of means to vent our views, social media being the most common. However, we have a supporter’s club member on the board of directors (I think we do). Given the current level of concern and issues coming from supporters is this not the meeting where we receive feedback on what has been going on and discuss in a professional way the information and role our representative has taken in these decisions. Again, we are not seeking to blame but to understand. In order for us to move forward clarity of the issues and potential solutions is needed and this could be the start.
torben

Postby attic » Sun Jan 13, 2019 3:18 pm

Given the title of this thread I think its probably appropriate to add to Torben's posting. The supporters club do a fantastic job in merchandising and running social events. Just my own view and it was something which I raised at the last AGM but they may need to also start challenging the club a little more often. Now there is SC representation on the board there is now an official channel to do so should they feel appropriate. They do need more people involved though. There are some very good people on this forum who could help them out. Its all very well hearing excellent opinions but at present its simply intelligent pub talk with no end product. These opinions need to be turned into actions.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby breakspear stones » Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:36 pm

The thing is will the rest of the executive board respect / listen to what Mark has to say or back any suggestion he makes as they should do as the SC have actually paid for the privilege of him being on this board

Not sure what if any monetary contribution the other members of this board bring to the table
breakspear stones

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:06 pm

breakspear stones wrote:The thing is will the rest of the executive board respect / listen to what Mark has to say or back any suggestion he makes as they should do as the SC have actually paid for the privilege of him being on this board

Not sure what if any monetary contribution the other members of this board bring to the table

Every member of the Exec Board has put money in this year. One of the reasons why those previously on the Board were taken off was that they a) didn’t want to make the minimum contribution, which I believe is 10k, or b) were unable to do so.
Elmslie Ender

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:10 pm

breakspear stones wrote:The thing is will the rest of the executive board respect / listen to what Mark has to say

Did they listen to him and respect what he had to say with regards to the prices for younger fans?
worruz

Postby breakspear stones » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:17 pm

Thanks Sud ,just wasn’t sure & that’s why I asked

Thanks Peter , as that was another reason I asked as it seems decisions are made no matter what Mark has to say about certain things, it seems they’ve made that decision & no compromise on it, end off
breakspear stones

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:39 pm

breakspear stones wrote:Thanks Sud ,just wasn’t sure & that’s why I asked

Thanks Peter , as that was another reason I asked as it seems decisions are made no matter what Mark has to say about certain things, it seems they’ve made that decision & no compromise on it, end off

If the board presumably operated in the normal way where matters are discussed and then an agreed and informed decision can be made and then implemented. I suspect that isn’t happening. Unilateral decisions are being made instead.
Elmslie Ender

Postby attic » Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:46 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:
Every member of the Exec Board has put money in this year. One of the reasons why those previously on the Board were taken off was that they a) didn’t want to make the minimum contribution, which I believe is 10k, or b) were unable to do so.

Two of the three casualties of the restructuring were in the grey area of apparently taking money out of the club in the form of providing services. We even had a post on here recently suggesting "20p in the pound off passing strangers". The main problem with these kinds of activity is that they create doubt over the individuals intentions. There should have been and needs to be absolute clarity regarding money going outwards. Mainly to protect those who are engaged in this I should add. If someone is providing a regular professional service that is making money for the club then is it really that wrong for them to take a cut? I guess that's open to real debate. On paper there is nothing wrong with giving a little away to receive a larger amount? If the Chairman is averse to this though, then you would like to think he has done the maths prior to his decision.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Whatmough » Thu Jan 31, 2019 1:34 pm

Good Afternoon Everyone

Don't forget that our AGM is tonight so please be there for a prompt start at 1930 given the weather. The forecast is getting better for this evening but if you want to track the approaching front you can below.

https://www.netweather.tv/live-weather/radar

Mark
Whatmough

Next

Return to stonesnet forum