Simply Superb

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Simply Superb

Postby timfparks » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:14 pm

woodman wrote:Fulham just won some award for programme of year and it's pretty good. But I don't buy it.
When I visit Stones I always buy a programme. I think you're probably the first (and only?) club to make an official programme get the balance between 'must have' bits and fanzine type content. A brilliant read every time for me - and that's as a non stone. Amazed any Stone wouldn't purchase it given the content.
Mind you, as a fanzine nerd I'd love to see you re-create EE (not the person)...recent weeks would be popcorn time!!

Cheers Woody, if I can reply on behalf of the programme team. Everyone needs a hobby and it’s a pleasure to keep the standards high every week, and speaking for myself I’d be happy to do it even if it was even just these few respondents who were buying it.
As for boosting sales, maybe we should hike the season tickets by £50 next season and give a free prog to every ST holder?
I also buy a programme at (most) away grounds but the majority of clubs just pay lip service to providing one. Pete Wobs is putting together his usual “Progwatch’ as we speak, highlighting other clubs’ inadequacies, so that should be entertaining (he said smugly) :)
timfparks

Postby timfparks » Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:19 pm

Incidentally, if you’re reading this and haven’t yet featured as a Fan in the Stand (this could be you Woodman) please sent me a PM and I’ll sort it. The recently departed Simon Ricketts was actually No1 in the series back in August 2009 - which amazed me - so that’s close to 300 featured so far... and that doesn’t include the ones who were profiled as match ball donors back in 2003-4.
timfparks

Postby woodman » Tue Jan 08, 2019 10:11 pm

Thanks but wld be more like the fraud in the stand the amount of times I go!
Know a Stone from my local who has gone for years - will ask if he's interested.
woodman

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum