Stones 1 Hungerford 0

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 1 Hungerford 0

Postby TalkinStone » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:59 am

Say it quietly but there felt like an air of positivity around the place yesterday. The uncertainty and lack of communication combined with some awful performances was sucking the life out of the club.

It’s clear that there is no magic wand to replace PM’s huge investment and the Board have their work cut out finding the money to finish the season so it will be a tough few months for the club.

On the pitch let’s hope BW works with the new Board to cut costs in a sensible way and accepts the challenge.

Enjoyed yesterday and I wish those who took the decision this week to change the way the club is run every success.
TalkinStone

Postby deadly » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:46 am

I can only echo the sentiments in the previous posts. A really enjoyable match to watch.
Just a couple of questions.
The rather excellent match programme seemed to sell out really quickly...though I managed to get one.
Was the print run reduced to cut costs by the new regime?
And why have Peter Marsden's advertising boards been removed from around the ground?
Were they removed by Marsden as Charlie suggests or was it done by the club?
Considering his considerable investment into the club (admittedly though yes, saddling the club with debt) it seems a wee bit churlish.
I do hope we do not descend to Hungerford's childish levels and start putting up pictures of Marsden next to the urinals...Harrow Borough & Barnet pictures IN the urinals would be ok though...

Really looking forward to the upcoming battle near Horsell Common next Saturday.
Let's go in all guns blazing.

Oooo Laa.
Last edited by deadly on Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:46 am

Every club has its DNA and ours is known for passionate support and making life difficult for away teams.

The last 12-18 months thats been lost in my opinion and with it our identity.

Far more important than thinking about promotion we need to cultivate a new generation of young fans that become our future because there is little point in becoming successful if there is nobody left to watch you.

Thats down to our new board, apparently they have been asked to consider the price increase for under 18's that was ridiculously imposed recently and at the minimum they should go back to the original price but personally I would be handing our free season tickets to that age group.

As mentioned the life was being sucked out of this club and we need to breath new life into it before its too late.

We've had a good start to the new year so lets build on that.

UTS
The Guvnor

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:25 am

Wilkinson out!
And he can take the unbeaten run in 2019 with him!
Kettering punchbag.

Postby charlie » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:50 am

OH Deadly.

You are opening up a can of worms by asking WHO removed PMs advertising boards.

Were they snapped in two and throw on the dump by the odious "bored" or did Peter remove them.?

I think KP must have seen GB peering round the entrance gates yesterday afternoon.... " Hullo is it me your looking for?"
charlie

Postby rayners lament » Sun Jan 20, 2019 12:10 pm

A surprisingly upbeat tone, considering the continued failure of the strike-force and reliance on North.
Whistling past the graveyard? Plots in the footballing ambitions section always available.
rayners lament

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:13 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:You might be right Adam; it did seem like a lot of people that haven’t been going came back today. Lots of singing second half with the youngsters starting off the singing again. BC stand singing too. Best atmosphere at home in months. A good day. Well done all.

There’s still a large tranche of the youth that were around last season missing.

Hopefully they’ll be back and we haven’t lost them forever
worruz

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:14 pm

Waltons Left Boot wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote: Lots of singing second half with the youngsters starting off the singing again. BC stand singing too. Best atmosphere at home in months. A good day. Well done all.

This is the most important post about today - even if I have no idea what half their songs are, it's good to hear. Gotta print out some of those cards for the old faves to teach them - If I had the wings....Oh lads.....Swallow your tongue etc

It was mostly standard classics being sung yesterday.
Some of the youth who were singing some of the newer songs last season and earlier this season weren’t there from what I could see
worruz

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 1:21 pm

rayners lament wrote:A surprisingly upbeat tone, considering the continued failure of the strike-force and reliance on North.
Whistling past the graveyard? Plots in the footballing ambitions section always available.

I thought Pratt had a good game yesterday.

Ok he didn’t score but his movement was a lot smarter than I’ve seen for a while and he looked a lot more free. Maybe his back has cleared up?

North is one of our players. It’s not an over reliance. He’s just doing his job.
worruz

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:52 pm

worruz wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:You might be right Adam; it did seem like a lot of people that haven’t been going came back today. Lots of singing second half with the youngsters starting off the singing again. BC stand singing too. Best atmosphere at home in months. A good day. Well done all.

There’s still a large tranche of the youth that were around last season missing.

Hopefully they’ll be back and we haven’t lost them forever

True Peter, but there were far more than there has been for a while, so small steps in the right direction.

The Guvnor wrote:Every club has its DNA and ours is known for passionate support and making life difficult for away teams.

The last 12-18 months thats been lost in my opinion and with it our identity.

Far more important than thinking about promotion we need to cultivate a new generation of young fans that become our future because there is little point in becoming successful if there is nobody left to watch you.

When we first came up into the CS, a number of clubs mentioned how intimidating and noisy the Vale was. We need to return to those days.
Elmslie Ender

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum