Stones 1 Hungerford 0

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 1 Hungerford 0

Postby attic » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:You might be right Adam; it did seem like a lot of people that haven’t been going came back today. Lots of singing second half with the youngsters starting off the singing again. BC stand singing too. Best atmosphere at home in months. A good day. Well done all.

Not entirely sure what made the atmopshere and general feeling of positive vibes around the club yesterday. The supporters reaction to PM leaving has been fairly low key. There don't appear to be many saying good riddance nor are there many others slashing their wrists. Maybe, its a case of being thankful that something has happened as its clear there's been a lot wrong at the top level during the past year or so. Dare I say if PM had remained and others left then there may also have been the same sense of relief. Whether its the right outcome for the club though, only time will ultimately tell. Supporters, like the voters of any democratic nation are the heartbeat of the institution. They will always be there where are directors or governors will be transient. One is there to serve the other and if this notion ever becomes imbalanced, then bad things usually happen. Yesterday proved that the heartbeat of Wealdstone FC is still very strong. What the 'new' board need to do is to ensure they represent us whilst guiding the club onto better things.

As for Peter Marsden, I hope we see him down at the club at some point. I will always believe he only ever had good intentions for the club and did what he thought was right to take us onto the next level. The handful of people comparing him to David Morritt etc are wide of the mark in my opinion.

As for yesterday's result a good performance against a lowly Hungerford side but brimming with confidence. They are a decent club IMO and I hope they survive. Three clubs in and around them have stiffed us with match PP's in the last few years. Hungerford did everything they could to get their game on against us last season and this didn't go unnoticed. Was good to have Jake Shepherd back into the team after he was more or less on his way to Hampton. Thought he put in a really good shift and appears to be improving as the season goes on.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Sun Jan 20, 2019 4:59 pm

worruz wrote:It was mostly standard classics being sung yesterday.
Some of the youth who were singing some of the newer songs last season and earlier this season weren’t there from what I could see

It may be that Hemel away was their last game - I know it was only them singing for that game and the songs were new to me. Someone mentioned they were locals who go to QPR but I have no idea really. I know they made the atmosphere for that game, and guv's 3000th post was aptly about who will be replacing us old farts in generating that atmosphere.

No finer thing to read was an opposition player saying he really hated coming to Lower Mead, just because of the hostile welcome.
Waltons Left Boot

Postby worruz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:27 pm

The ones singing at Hemel have been to a lot of games.

Not seen them for a while and hope they're back soon.
worruz

Postby attic » Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:09 pm

charlie wrote:
PM took his advertising board in front of the main stand... Mist circled the ground but no birds of prey !

I believe this, like all other advertising boards in the ground was paid for in full. I'd be very surprised if he'd asked for it to be removed. PM effectively defaults to the position of customer and surely the club would not simply remove a customer's board without their prior consent?? Unless of course a refund has been promised. Hopefully this isn't someone simply trying to get their own back and there are legitimate reasons for it no longer being there.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:28 pm

Really enjoyable afternoon that. Like the grit Sheppard is adding - and his mazy run. Green is playing how we all know he can - just a different animal recently. I thought for a few games he was done but he isn’t. He a right handful at the mo. Just need that finisher, especially in light that Bubb is finito. But of course, it is now for the board to decide what we can or cannot afford regarding scoring goals. We know the balance sheet.. Of course, if there was an affordable Friday night signing before Woking, so much the better!
Royal Blue

Postby Elmslie Ender » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:36 pm

attic wrote:
charlie wrote:
PM took his advertising board in front of the main stand... Mist circled the ground but no birds of prey !

I believe this, like all other advertising boards in the ground was paid for in full. I'd be very surprised if he'd asked for it to be removed. PM effectively defaults to the position of customer and surely the club would not simply remove a customer's board without their prior consent?? Unless of course a refund has been promised. Hopefully this isn't someone simply trying to get their own back and there are legitimate reasons for it no longer being there.

It would be very churlish if the board was removed by the club.
Elmslie Ender

Postby megaphone » Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:41 pm

If this is the case expect it to be filed in the same drawer as Hemelgate........... :roll:

Elmslie Ender wrote:It would be very churlish if the board was removed by the club.
megaphone

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum