Five to go

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Five to go

Postby deadly » Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:43 pm

Curtis wrote:All games on Friday April 19th are 3pm there a no 7.45pm games

That is a shame Victor, I was hoping to groundhop our play off rivals...
I got the info off the FootballWebPages site, which can be a bit unreliable at times....

Now changed. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And re Hungerford..
https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... ford-town/
...hanging on...
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Windermere Bore » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:40 pm

Title-chasing Biggleswade United v. Potton United in the Spartan South Midlands looks to be the highest profile localish evening kick-off on Good Friday.
Windermere Bore

Postby Windermere Bore » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:44 pm

Guillem Balague is chairman at Biggleswade United.
How much more stoatish can you get than that?
Windermere Bore

Postby deadly » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:53 am

After last week's great effort against Torquay I am looking forward to Saturday's clash with lowly East Thurrock with anticipation.
As Adam says, it will no doubt be a very tough game, and Bobby & the team will no doubt adjust accordingly their game plan.
No predictions but a scrappy one-nil victory will do just fine for me, however, if the team can have the freedom & nous to play like last week then possibly more goals could follow.

LEAGUE PLACINGS AS IT STANDS...

7 Billericay Town 37 17 8 12 64 56 +8 59
-----------------------------------------------------
8 Concord Rangers (-3) 37 16 13 8 60 43 +17 58

9 Wealdstone 37 15 12 10 52 44 +8 57

iF, iF Wealdstone can win against East Thurrock we would then be on 60 points with at least plus 9 goal difference.

Then it is POSSIBLE that the Stones can get into the play off zone by 5 o clock Saturday, even with just a one-nil win.
but only if both the following 2 events also happen...

1: Concord DRAW or LOOSE in their game away at Truro City. (Truro have a new manager and held Dartford to a draw away last week)
2. Billericay DRAW or LOOSE in their game at Home to Hampton & Richmond. (Hampton have a poor overall record but away from home they have only lost once in the last 5 games)

So, it is a possibility if not a probability...
but no matter what, we will still have another 4 bites at the play-off cherry to come.

Who remembers seeing lots of fans with their ears pressed to trannies at end of season matches? :lol: :lol: :lol:
(that's not what you think yoof... :roll: )

With Watford & QPR not clashing & no other games being played except the FA Cup Semi Final at 5.30, a few more floating fans might be tempted to the Vale....
The weather forecast looks ok... 8-) 8-) 8-)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2638976

Let's all get behind the team from the off & who knows?

UTS
Last edited by deadly on Sat Apr 06, 2019 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
deadly

Postby TwoToneStone » Fri Apr 05, 2019 12:40 pm

deadly wrote:With Watford & QPR not clashing

Not sure why on here and the club's social media the obsession is with attracting just Watford & QPR.
Plenty of Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham ST holders down there on a regular basis too....
TwoToneStone

Postby rayners lament » Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:57 pm

......but you'd hardly know it ! Where's the enthusiasm, the anticipation ? Tomorrow could
be a last chance for a tilt at promotion for some time, judging by the clout that's coming down.
Discuss !
rayners lament

Postby deadly » Fri Apr 05, 2019 3:40 pm

TwoToneStone wrote:

Not sure why on here and the club's social media the obsession is with attracting just Watford & QPR.
Plenty of Chelsea, Arsenal and Tottenham ST holders down there on a regular basis too....

Not an obsession TTS, it is just an acknowledgement that Ruislip is in the catchment areas of those 2 clubs in particular and thus prime targets for getting their local-based fans to the Vale.
But if you can get hold of any other clubs mailing lists and hand them over to our officials, I am sure the club would love to target them also lol

I did mention there were no other clubs games being played in the area but am not going to bother listing them all... :lol: :lol:
...and there are a couple of local clubs who I refuse to mention full stop. :o :o
deadly

Postby BKK » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:02 pm

Shoot me down in flames but as far as I am aware Watford are the only club at that level locally that promote our games on their official social media channels from time to time. Officially the others are virtually unaware of our existence (at official club level)
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby Rayners Blue is Back » Fri Apr 05, 2019 6:06 pm

deadly wrote:
TwoToneStone wrote:

Not an obsession TTS, it is just an acknowledgement that Ruislip is in the catchment areas of those 2 clubs in particular and thus prime targets for getting their local-based fans to the Vale.
But if you can get hold of any other clubs mailing lists and hand them over to our officials, I am sure the club would love to target them also lol

I did mention there were no other clubs games being played in the area but am not going to bother listing them all... :lol: :lol:
...and there are a couple of local clubs who I refuse to mention full stop. :o :o

As long as we dont get Barnet fans, they smell! :lol:
Rayners Blue is Back

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:39 pm

Rayners Blue is Back wrote:
As long as we dont get Barnet fans, they smell! :lol:

Yes the undying stench of betrayal.
Waltons Left Boot

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum