Bath City 1 Stones 3

For all things Wealdstone FC

Bath City 1 Stones 3

Postby megaphone » Wed May 01, 2019 9:07 pm

Mighty mighty effort by the mighty mighty Stones. Shepherd, Monakana and Pratt got our goals. North off injured after a horrendous challenge at his head rightly led to a red card.

On to Sunday but how many will be fit? A great night though and credit to the players, management and supporters.
megaphone

Re: Bath City 1 Stones 3

Postby deadly » Wed May 01, 2019 9:53 pm

A great victory that will live long in the memory. But the cost is worrying for the play off semi v Woking. I am proud, exhausted, drained. UP THE STONES.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Wed May 01, 2019 10:15 pm

Conjecture mill is suggesting a keeper can be brought in in exceptional circumstances??? As for the rest it may have been a case of severe cramp for 2 or 3 of our limping heroes.

We were men out there tonight and this is exactly what BW said he wanted.

All to play for at Woking. Pratt hopefully rejuvenated, Tarryn a good chance of making it too. Would be a hell of a turnaround but is Cox still available for selection? This is high stakes stuff now.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby kwilks » Wed May 01, 2019 11:03 pm

Just the biggest roller coaster of a match I have witnessed involving Stones, needed a few beers after the game to settle the nerves! To a man our team were superb and the battling instincts were something I haven't seen for a long time. Back 4 were exceptional especially Freddie who was like a man possessed, and you start to see the players true colours in games like these. This should make it easy for management to identify the players to retain for next year if budget allows.

A special mention to Jonny North tonight who not only kept us in the game with a string of saves, but ended up in hospital after a horrible blow to the head. Wishing for a speedy recovery Northy.

Only sour note for me was listening to Bath manager Jerry Gill interviewed in the clubhouse afterwards, praising Bobby but the same time, digging out our players for their apparant conduct, seemingly towards the end of the match. No idea what that was about, but if he refers to our players reaction to their reckless forwards challenge on Northy, he clearly needs a reality check. Maybe I missed something.

Up the Stones. No Northy and potentially Jake on Sunday, plus Freddie hobbling round the clubhouse, but the feeling is we can beat anyone on the road, even with a threadbare team....UTS!
kwilks

Postby John Young » Wed May 01, 2019 11:05 pm

Got to say this first I thought the referee was dreadful and out of his depth for such a big game . Now to that hard fought gritty determined performance tonight BLOODY FANTASTIC, this group of players since January just don't give up there seems to be a belief and will to prove everyone wrong. Long may it continue. And Dave Pratt congratulations on your goal another couple Sunday won't go amiss. UTS
John Young

Postby West End Stone » Thu May 02, 2019 12:12 am

Just got home and don't think I'll be sleeping tonight!!! Probably the best win under Bobby's time as manager. Players struggling to even stand as the last few minutes counted down. As Attic says the players were real men tonight and that is what we want to see. Do we have enough left in the tank for Woking? Dunno about the keeper thing. Do you trust the young lad or do you get someone else in if Norfy is ruled out with a head injury? Will the board provide money to get someone decent in for one game? Over to the fans to fund raise??? Coxy though your having a laugh! Don't think he'd want to play for us anyway now.
West End Stone

Postby HammeredWasp » Thu May 02, 2019 12:54 am

:?
HammeredWasp

Postby Elmslie Ender » Thu May 02, 2019 6:22 am

What a night, what a performance. Congratulations to the management team and the players.

First half we seemed under the cosh quite a bit , with North secure as ever and the defence immense. Some incredible blocks etc being made. Sheppard’s stunner put us ahead and he probably had an easier chance to make it two.

Second half, with them down the hill, I expected an onslaught which never really came. We were superb, snuffed them out until Northy’s injury. Sickening for him. Bath then had a decent spell, scored a bit of fluke, but we held out and Pratt had his redemption moment, a little like Torres at Barcelona for Chelsea.

Seems to better news than expected for North, thankfully, but I would think a big ask to play on Sunday.

Team down to the walking wounded and you have to wonder what team we can put out for Woking, even those that will play will be carrying knocks. They looked exhausted at the end. Unfair to name a MoM, as everyone played their part.

Fantastic support, 323 at a few days notice is a brilliant effort. Surely 500-600 for Sunday.
Elmslie Ender

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Thu May 02, 2019 7:16 am

Woking fan

http://www.cardsboard.co.uk/forum/viewt ... 942#p96033

“Red and White Army
Re: Bath city supporters brush us aside...
Post Wed May 01, 2019 10:11 pm

jonwoozley wrote: ↑
Holy shit the Wealdstone keeper had just been absolutely pole axed. Stretcher job.

Hahahahahaha. Hope he’s injured for the Sunday and never plays football again the cheating p***k. What goes around comes around...”
BornundertheElmslie

Postby TwoToneStone » Thu May 02, 2019 9:17 am

Heroic performance and magnificent support. 323 on a Wednesday night after such short notice is incredible. They had the momentum at 2-1 and feared the worst but we held out resiliently and even managed to grab a 3rd. Memorable celebrations for the 3rd goal and post match.

I assume there will be highlights of the game published somewhere ?
TwoToneStone

Next

Return to stonesnet forum