Coming up...

For all things Wealdstone FC

Coming up...

Postby Windermere Bore » Thu May 02, 2019 11:05 pm

Russpa should be doing this thread!
Not that it matters - seeing as Wrexham, Chesterfield, Halifax, Barrow, Notts.County, Hartlepool, Gateshead, Yeovil, Stockport and Torquay will all be on the Mighty Stones Tour 19/20 - but there are play-offs taking place for promotion to National League South (and North)
In the Armpit Division, tonight's semi-finals saw two away wins: Merstham winning 2-1 at top seeds Carshalton and Tonbridge winning 2-1 at Haringey Borough. Tonbridge host Merstham in the final on Monday.
At least only one point covered the four teams there.
In the Hairdressers & Mongs Division, Taunton finished well clear in 2nd but were chinned on pens by Poole after a 1-1 draw. Not Police beat Salisbury 3-2 in the other semi-final. Poole will trek up to Imber Court on Monday afternoon.
Oop North, South Shields beat Buxton 4-2 and Warrington beat Nantwich 4-1. South Shields host the final on Saturday.
The Midlands Division play-offs were postponed while the Blazers investigated a case of an unregistered loan player turning-out for 5th placed Stratford. A guilty verdict yesterday saw Stratford docked 3 points, but they finished 5 points clear of Coalville. Stourbridge and Alvechurch can stop twiddling their thumbs and will play their semi-final on Monday. Given previous antics between fans of Coalville and King's Lynn, it's disappointing that it'll be Stratford visiting the top-seeded Six Fingered Racists on Saturday, after their UKIP candidate chairman/owner :lol: managed to have the tie brought forward. The final has been postponed to, errrrm, a later date.
As only six teams go up to the National League and the four champeens (Farsley, Kettering, Dorking & Weymouth) have already bagsied four places, the four play-off winners will have to meet in two further ties to decide the final promotion places. I haven't looked at how that will work. The two Southern League winners playing each other, with the Isthmian lot going to South Shields :lol: , would be amusing. I've not been to South Shields in a while and it can't be in the same league as South Bank :shock: but it'd still be a culture shock for Merstham or Tonbridge.
As I said on here a couple of years ago, when I was tasked with trying to get a Middlesbrough bail hostel reopened by the Probation Service and noticed it was in South Bank, I deliberately diverted to have a gander at South Bank when I was last in Middlesborough. Jesus wept! Made "Boys from the Blackstuff" look like "Downton Abbey" then, so God knows what it was like in 1986 :shock:
Windermere Bore

Re: Coming up...

Postby worruz » Fri May 03, 2019 8:59 am

The great Wilf Mannion was from South Bank.

Not relevant but thought I'd mention it.
worruz

Postby 61663 » Fri May 03, 2019 6:12 pm

The (so called) ‘super play offs’ are between (a) the NPL play off winner and the SLP Central play off winner and (b) SLP South and IPL play off winners ....

So no chance of a culture shock for either Bostik clubs having to play on Tyneside, assuming South Shields beat Warrington this w/e

Postby worruz » Sat May 04, 2019 4:13 pm

Notts County down in the National League now as well.

May not affect us but a big club to come down. Formerly now the oldest FL club in the world.
worruz

Postby Windermere Bore » Sat May 11, 2019 4:05 pm

Both "Super Play-offs" go to extra time.
Warrington 2, King's Lynn 2 - Lynn equalising in the 85th minute. 2,200 in.
Met.Police 2, Tonbridge 2 - Angels equalising in the 86th minute. 1,200 in.
Windermere Bore

Postby Windermere Bore » Sat May 11, 2019 4:41 pm

As Russ says...
Angels and McKimm up after a 3-2 win at Imber Court.
King's Lynn up after a 3-2 win at Warrington.
No idea how Warrington seemed to disappear from the face of the map after being half-decent 25 or 30 years back, then resurface again fairly recently, but that's the right two clubs going up.
Windermere Bore

Postby s.k.khanna » Sat May 11, 2019 11:27 pm

Windermere Bore wrote:King's Lynn up after a 3-2 win at Warrington.

Football's graveyard is littered with the corpses of clubs whose "ambition" exceeded their ability to pay for it...the new King's Lynn are just another zombie club back from the dead! :cry:
s.k.khanna

Postby Windermere Bore » Sun May 12, 2019 1:46 am

True... but that applies to a lot of clubs... and they're still the same Six-Fingered Racists at heart. Is it still the vein in the third finger on the left hand that leads to the heart if you have six fingers?
It's as much by luck as by judgement that more senior non-league clubs don't go tits up.
I note North Ferriby were wound-up owing.... ummm.... £7,000! :shock: It doesn't matter how much you owe, it's whether or not you can pay the debt.
Windermere Bore

Postby Windermere Bore » Sun May 12, 2019 1:47 am

s.k.khanna wrote: the corpses of clubs

Not a writhing corpse in this case ;) :lol:
Windermere Bore

Postby Windermere Bore » Sun May 12, 2019 1:52 am

...and a mite distressing that Berwick Rangers were virtually relegated today :cry: and appear to be in a bit of a state. Great day out. Presumably they'll go to the Scottish Lowland League, not Division Two of the Northern League in Geordieland.
Windermere Bore

Return to stonesnet forum