View from another CS club manager aspiring for promotion.

For all things Wealdstone FC

View from another CS club manager aspiring for promotion.

Postby attic » Sun May 05, 2019 10:55 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0boiXZrNC30&feature=youtu.be

From about 5:00 on, the views of Rod Stringer of Chelmsford City and how he see's the way forward for progression. Talks of the frustrations of not being able to build a team over a few years and whether putting players onto longer contracts is going to help with this. Without doubt BW may empathise with this as he strives to build for next season.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: View from another CS club manager aspiring for promotion.

Postby John Young » Mon May 06, 2019 6:27 am

The last couple of minutes of the interview very interesting. Stringer says how it is and makes a lot of sense. He has done an incredible job 3 seasons on the trot with 3 different teams to make playoffs. Talks about stability and budgets and goals of his new board and chairman and having budget to maximise chance Sounds Familiar. Some Clarity at our club would go a long way with our manager and fans !!!
John Young

Postby The Guvnor » Mon May 06, 2019 9:54 am

Whilst fully understanding the need for financial stability as I fan I have to say I enjoy the big games, the crowds, the segregation, the atmosphere and want a lot more of it. Its probably not for everyone at Wealdstone but its what I want from my football fix and the humdrum has little appeal nowadays. As much as I love the club there is no way I'd watch us at a lower level than this, we've moved on and theres no going back as far as I'm concerned.
The Guvnor

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Mon May 06, 2019 1:55 pm

The chairman has tweeted that contract extensions have been agreed with 2 players already this morning. More extensions to follow. If its 2 from Poku, Okimo or Green then that is really good news.
BornundertheElmslie

Postby russpa » Mon May 06, 2019 3:03 pm

if only North Okimo Poku Green Stevens signed on a budget half of what we had they surely would demand close to 3k a week at least if not more so what do you do to share another 3k between 15 other players ? It would take some circumstances to have players take a hefty decrease to play when they are definitely in demand and probably could earn a reasonable amount more elsewhere. Same as in the working world people rarely take pay cuts to stay if they can work elsewhere unless of course satisfaction where you are is a major influence more than money. It seems every time a small quality of squad is assembled injuries happen fast and although that is bad luck it ends hope as signing cover as a match is not within the budget. But yes every club should only go with what they can sustain as a budget.
russpa

Return to stonesnet forum