NLS for 2019-20

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: NLS for 2019-20

Postby Big Phil » Sun May 26, 2019 12:32 pm

Personally I do not mind Truro being re-instated as I enjoyed the trips (apart from not being able to go during the week) and we have an excellent record at their place.
Big Phil

Postby deadly » Wed May 29, 2019 7:49 pm

Big Phil wrote:Personally I do not mind Truro being re-instated as I enjoyed the trips (apart from not being able to go during the week) and we have an excellent record at their place.

I think most Stones fans that have gone to previous trips to Cornwall would agree Phil.

It is only their chairman's puerile efforts at getting matches called off or abandoned on a regular basis to gain an advantage that will put fans of if making it a must-do favourite trip.

(And of course the odd fan that prefers to keep things local only.)
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby russpa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:20 am

:D
Last edited by russpa on Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
russpa

Postby russpa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 12:22 am

deadly wrote:
Big Phil wrote:Personally I do not mind Truro being re-instated as I enjoyed the trips (apart from not being able to go during the week) and we have an excellent record at their place.

I think most Stones fans that have gone to previous trips to Cornwall would agree Phil.

It is only their chairman's puerile efforts at getting matches called off or abandoned on a regular basis to gain an advantage that will put fans of if making it a must-do favourite trip.

(And of course the odd fan that prefers to keep things local only.)

https://www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.c ... completed/

Gateshead have been taken over by a new buyer and they now in talks with the NL to keep their place next season by showing their house is in order..No reprieve for Truro PHEW and a localish Derby game against Aldershot next season awaits.
russpa

Postby worruz » Sat Jun 01, 2019 7:27 am

Why PHEW? You wouldn’t have gone anyway.

Is Aldershot not too difficult to get to?

You think Welling is after all.
worruz

Postby deadly » Sat Jun 01, 2019 9:35 am

russpa wrote:
Gateshead have been taken over by a new buyer and they now in talks with the NL to keep their place next season by showing their house is in order..No reprieve for Truro PHEW and a localish Derby game against Aldershot next season awaits.

..too early for you to be heaving a big sigh of relief as you stay in your comfort zone of Middlesex-only travel...

In a statement released on Thursday afternoon, they said “A consortium, headed by Neil Pinkerton and Trevor Clark, have undertaken and completed the necessary legal paperwork to purchase the club from Dr Ranjan Varghese, subject to ratification from the relevant authorities...

“Rest assured that all deadlines to the National League and the FA will be met, to ensure compliance and, to hopefully overturn the sanctions which were rightly imposed on the club. It is imperative that we safeguard our ten-year affinity at the top of the non-league pyramid for at least the 2019/20 season.

“We appreciate there will be many questions and not necessarily an abundance of answers in the coming days."

The sanctions were imposed for multiple failures by the previous regime and I think will be enforced regardless of what the new owners do or not do, as has happened on several other occasions when other clubs fell foul of the financial regulations.

So Rusppa, it is time to take your foot off the brake pedal of the London Underground tube train that you sit in and venture down to Paddington Station and board a big boys engine...

don't be afraid...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby worruz » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:45 am

deadly wrote:
russpa wrote:

..too early for you to be heaving a big sigh of relief as you stay in your comfort zone of Middlesex-only travel...

In a statement released on Thursday afternoon, they said “A consortium, headed by Neil Pinkerton and Trevor Clark, have undertaken and completed the necessary legal paperwork to purchase the club from Dr Ranjan Varghese, subject to ratification from the relevant authorities...

“Rest assured that all deadlines to the National League and the FA will be met, to ensure compliance and, to hopefully overturn the sanctions which were rightly imposed on the club. It is imperative that we safeguard our ten-year affinity at the top of the non-league pyramid for at least the 2019/20 season.

“We appreciate there will be many questions and not necessarily an abundance of answers in the coming days."

The sanctions were imposed for multiple failures by the previous regime and I think will be enforced regardless of what the new owners do or not do, as has happened on several other occasions when other clubs fell foul of the financial regulations.

So Rusppa, it is time to take your foot off the brake pedal of the London Underground tube train that you sit in and venture down to Paddington Station and board a big boys engine...

don't be afraid...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bless him. Paddington is a long way for him let alone the West Country.
worruz

Postby russpa » Sat Jun 01, 2019 10:52 am

it sure is..i mean Marylebone and anything after i get the shakes.
2 visits to Truro is plenty for me.
now Recreation Ground Aldershot for the Sat Nav sounds good ...better than the 90 mins trudge to get to Welling
russpa

Postby worruz » Sat Jun 01, 2019 11:06 am

russpa wrote:it sure is..i mean Marylebone and anything after i get the shakes.
2 visits to Truro is plenty for me.
now Recreation Ground Aldershot for the Sat Nav sounds good ...better than the 90 mins trudge to get to Welling

Fair play to you for going there twice.

Didn’t know that
worruz

Postby craigw87 » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:40 am

Breaking news, Gateshead are relegated to the NLN.
Aldershot go back to the NL
Truro Relegated and Oxford City back in the NLS.

So the lineup for the division is

Bath City
Billericay Town
Braintree Town
Chelmsford City
Chippenham Town
Concord Rangers
Dartford
Dorking Wanderers
Dulwich Hamlet
Eastbourne Borough
Hampton & Richmond