Signings or those that have re-signed

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby timfparks » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:34 am

It is - he then played for Colchester, Royal Antwerp, Walsall and two full seasons at Crawley. Good touch, tackles and can pick a pass. He played the holding role last night and apparently we signed him yesterday. We now have a midfield that can win possession and use the ball cleverly, quite a step up from last season’s hoofball.
timfparks

Postby attic » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 am

timfparks wrote:It is - he then played for Colchester, Royal Antwerp, Walsall and two full seasons at Crawley. Good touch, tackles and can pick a pass. He played the holding role last night and apparently we signed him yesterday. We now have a midfield that can win possession and use the ball cleverly, quite a step up from last season’s hoofball.

Wouldn't criticise last season's midfield too much. You could argue this was our biggest asset of which played the leading role in beating Bath in that play off game. So it may not have been pretty viewing but am hoping some of our fans got an insight into what you need to be competitive in big games. For all Bath's pretty football, they were ultimately ineffective.

In an ideal world of course...we have a balance of footballers and battering rams.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:31 am

Billy Clifford.. last nights number 4.. for me did not stand out.. along with our right back .who for me was poor last night.

There was i thinking its top 4 for this team ..... been brainwashed by the players biography s.

Some squad players to be jettisoned for sure.

KTF.
charlie

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:42 pm

Has anyone got news of Ross Lafayette, injured? Ditto Kavan Cotter, is he still with the club?
BillyByrneFan

Postby breakspear stones » Sun Jul 21, 2019 3:53 pm

Ross wasn’t available yesterday due to other commitments I think Dean said yesterday at meet the manager & I’m sure I seen that Kavan yesterday wearing a Canadian baseball hat but can’t be certain sure that it was him though
breakspear stones

Postby Pieface » Sun Jul 21, 2019 4:06 pm

Cavan was there yesterday getting treatment for a minor injury.
Pieface

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum