Signings or those that have re-signed

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby attic » Fri May 10, 2019 3:26 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:Shepard works at GF Lewis I believe. Presumably the Stevens contract exercise is to protect a fee position.

Maybe that's the secret. Get as many players working for GPF Lewis learning a trade or enhancing their profession and have them play part time for us.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Fri May 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Seems to work for Aspect FC.
Elmslie Ender

Postby John Young » Fri May 10, 2019 4:38 pm

Personally 4 great signings, just need to add Northy,Poku, Grant, Tyler, and Smith. Need new front line 2 strikers and a winger , couple of midfielders, and couple of defenders. Also use talented 18/19 players in Middx Cup to get experience.So a manager with good knowledge of non league but good league connections. Out of interest who has decided on the players signed as there is no manager in place?????
John Young

Postby attic » Fri May 10, 2019 4:45 pm

John Young wrote:Personally 4 great signings, just need to add Northy,Poku, Grant, Tyler, and Smith. Need new front line 2 strikers and a winger , couple of midfielders, and couple of defenders. Also use talented 18/19 players in Middx Cup to get experience.So a manager with good knowledge of non league but good league connections. Out of interest who has decided on the players signed as there is no manager in place?????

A good point and one of which I was about to make. I guess there is a risk that some players could tear up their contracts if they wanted to follow BW. Those that have not yet signed could just follow him out of the door. Always a risk in football I guess but players can always be replaced.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Fri May 10, 2019 4:49 pm

attic wrote:
John Young wrote:Personally 4 great signings, just need to add Northy,Poku, Grant, Tyler, and Smith. Need new front line 2 strikers and a winger , couple of midfielders, and couple of defenders. Also use talented 18/19 players in Middx Cup to get experience.So a manager with good knowledge of non league but good league connections. Out of interest who has decided on the players signed as there is no manager in place?????

A good point and one of which I was about to make. I guess there is a risk that some players could tear up their contracts if they wanted to follow BW. Those that have not yet signed could just follow him out of the door. Always a risk in football I guess but players can always be replaced.

I can’t believe any of the players would feel that much loyalty to BW that they’d follow him out the door and leave for that reason.

I could be wrong though.
worruz

Postby Blue & White Army » Fri May 10, 2019 5:43 pm

worruz wrote:
attic wrote:

I can’t believe any of the players would feel that much loyalty to BW that they’d follow him out the door and leave for that reason.

I could be wrong though.

Sam Cox?
Blue & White Army

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue May 14, 2019 9:05 am

Northy re-signs and now for Poku, Grant and Smith....
Elmslie Ender

Postby worruz » Tue May 14, 2019 9:08 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:Northy re-signs

Excellent news
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 am

With the exception of Jurgen Klopp I don't think there is a manager that has the undying loyalty of his whole squad. Some may feel that being apart from BW is all too much but there are some i.e North that possibly may have left if he'd stayed. All swings and roundabouts, just go with the flow.
The Guvnor

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue May 14, 2019 9:25 am

The former Hungerford boys obvs have loyalty to BW but it is well known that BW and North didn’t see eye to eye, though the relationship had improved more recently. I suspect you are right, Gordon, that had BW stayed, Northy would have been off.

Interesting tweet from Chippenham last night of a major signing. What’s the betting it is Pratt.
Elmslie Ender

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum