Signings or those that have re-signed

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby attic » Tue May 14, 2019 10:48 am

Good news re Northy. You could argue he's at the peak of his career too.

As for players following managers around like puppies, obviously the Andy Leese crew were an example of this. Wherever he ended up, lo and behold so would 'his' players although in decreasing numbers as the years progressed.

I guess in our case it could depend on where BW ends up.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Blue & White Army » Tue May 14, 2019 11:12 am

attic wrote:Good news re Northy. You could argue he's at the peak of his career too.

As for players following managers around like puppies, obviously the Andy Leese crew were an example of this. Wherever he ended up, lo and behold so would 'his' players although in decreasing numbers as the years progressed.

Rumour suggests Northy and the serial winner didn't have much of a relationship.
I wonder if his favourites, Poku, Grant to name 2 were aware of the various interviews (allegedly) he had in recent weeks? It will be interesting to see if any do follow when his new job is announced.
Blue & White Army

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue May 14, 2019 12:48 pm

Blue & White Army wrote:
attic wrote:Good news re Northy. You could argue he's at the peak of his career too.

Rumour suggests Northy and the serial winner didn't have much of a relationship.
I wonder if his favourites, Poku, Grant to name 2 were aware of the various interviews (allegedly) he had in recent weeks? It will be interesting to see if any do follow when his new job is announced.

Depends where the interviews were? If he goes to Aldershot, then there is a chance that those two might follow. Other than that, not sure there is a big vacancy at any big CS club or any CS at all. More likely Poku and Grant, both of whom linked with Woking, will not be short of offers, though I know Poku doesn't want to do National League travel.
Elmslie Ender

Postby kymberlyroadkid » Tue May 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Fantastic news regarding Jonathon north,top keeper top man and if theirs such thing as a testimonial at our level a player who deserves one down the line is definitely him.
kymberlyroadkid

Postby contents may settle » Tue May 14, 2019 5:05 pm

As many expected Pratty has signed back at Chippenham
Send me some content you oafs.....
wfcprogramme@googlemail.com
contents may settle

Postby attic » Tue May 14, 2019 5:43 pm

contents may settle wrote:As many expected Pratty has signed back at Chippenham

Safe to say things didn't quite work out how we thought they may have done. Was always going to be judged on his alleged pay packet than purely as a footballer so things were always going to be tricky for him. Nowhere near the likes of David Gipp though for poor value. Generally tried hard and defended from the front. Just missed a few too many gilt edged chances a few too many times.

Glad he got his goal at Bath of which effectively won the tie for us. Good luck in the future.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue May 14, 2019 5:54 pm

There was NEVER any lack of effort from David Pratt, but he just never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Agree, Adam, a smidgen of redemption for him at Bath and maybe Chippenham will play a style of football that suits him or at least with another forward alongside him.

He never got the dogs abuse some claimed he did, but frustrations did boil over and towards the end of his time, I think we all wanted him, including himself, to be somewhere else.

Good luck to him and thanks for the service with the usual caveats against us.
Elmslie Ender

Postby worruz » Tue May 14, 2019 5:57 pm

contents may settle wrote:As many expected Pratty has signed back at Chippenham

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk0alJGhSp0

or maybe if you prefer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OiwDHHcHPh0
worruz

Postby worruz » Tue May 14, 2019 5:58 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:There was NEVER any lack of effort from David Pratt, but he just never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Agree, Adam, a smidgen of redemption for him at Bath and maybe Chippenham will play a style of football that suits him or at least with another forward alongside him.

He never got the dogs abuse some claimed he did, but frustrations did boil over and towards the end of his time, I think we all wanted him, including himself, to be somewhere else.

He did get quite a bit of abuse at Biggleswade.

I didn't rate him that highly but some of it was quite nasty.
worruz

Postby Elmslie Ender » Tue May 14, 2019 6:29 pm

worruz wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:There was NEVER any lack of effort from David Pratt, but he just never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Agree, Adam, a smidgen of redemption for him at Bath and maybe Chippenham will play a style of football that suits him or at least with another forward alongside him.

He did get quite a bit of abuse at Biggleswade.

I didn't rate him that highly but some of it was quite nasty.

I left on the final whistle so can't comment on what happened thereafter. I do remember him being substituted and walking around the pitch in front of our fans to silence. Not a clap. Well that's what i remember.
Elmslie Ender

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum