Signings or those that have re-signed

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby The Guvnor » Tue May 14, 2019 6:48 pm

None of our players ever get dogs abuse despite what some of the drama queens amongst our fan base would have you believe. As for Pratt, a very expensive mistake, its a 5/10 at best . VFM - er no.
The Guvnor

Postby timfparks » Tue May 14, 2019 9:21 pm

I do remember his first game at The Vale, v St Albans and after 15 mins Pratty has a surging run that almost resulted in a goal and you, Guv got very excited. ‘We’ve bought the finished article’ etc etc. I was of the same opinion but we lost that game 3-1 in the end and Pratt, for all his effort, blew lukewarm and cold throughout his stay.
He is no Jolls or McGleish and never seemed to have that sixth sense in the six yard box. He can run the channels all day but he was paid to score goals and failed to deliver on that score.
A nice, unassuming guy who wanted to prove himself at the next level. That chance will now probably never come.
timfparks

Postby breakspear stones » Tue May 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Let’s see if we get a goal scorer next season who will score the same amount as Pratty the season just gone ?
breakspear stones

Postby worruz » Tue May 14, 2019 9:54 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:
worruz wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:There was NEVER any lack of effort from David Pratt, but he just never seemed to be in the right place at the right time. Agree, Adam, a smidgen of redemption for him at Bath and maybe Chippenham will play a style of football that suits him or at least with another forward alongside him.

He never got the dogs abuse some claimed he did, but frustrations did boil over and towards the end of his time, I think we all wanted him, including himself, to be somewhere else.

Good luck to him and thanks for the service with the usual caveats against us.

He did get quite a bit of abuse at Biggleswade.

I didn't rate him that highly but some of it was quite nasty.

I left on the final whistle so can't comment on what happened thereafter. I do remember him being substituted and walking around the pitch in front of our fans to silence. Not a clap. Well that's what i remember.

I was in the main stand for the whole game. 1st half he had quite a bit of stick from a few in there. Personal stuff and quite abusive.

I’m pleased he’s gone though. It never really worked for him with us.
worruz

Postby russpa » Wed May 15, 2019 12:03 am

Pratt worked real hard. None more so on that mud bath at Hungerford he showed great determination when others were knackered and flagging. For a guy who is nearly 32 he is very fit but we have misused him and the goals have dried up. He will work and slog away for Chippenham and if he gets some decent wingers expect him to get 15 plus next term. He is not finished at this level just yet. If we can keep just 2 of tyler poku grant and smith all we need is that big tall in ya face centre forward who is proven at scoring season after season but he will cost ya over double...We got one striker on our books at mo as i believe Bubb has gone so i heard and that is Browne and sorry he just is not ready at this level.
russpa

Postby warren » Wed May 15, 2019 5:55 am

i get what people have said about pratt and BW ran him into the ground with his lack of tactics. i remember first game of season vs WSM we played nice short passes for him to run on and i thought wow we have a striker here. no doubt if you play to his strengths he will score. if you pump the ball up to him he wont. the game is simple when you have tactics

as for brown i doubt his under contract as we went into this year with no players signed beyond the last game of the season
warren

Postby GingerGuy » Wed May 15, 2019 6:37 am

From my limited amount of Wealdstone watching recently, I too thought we'd got a good one in David Pratt. He ran and ran, which I liked, but sadly didn't seem to have the nouse to get in front of defenders or in the proper position for headers when crosses came in. Lack of anticipation? Who knows. Not a Fox In The Box type like Jolly, but then who is. He never stopped trying, though, and I liked him for that. Good luck to him in the future.
And I bet Stefan Browne is fast over 50 yards, it's just that he dioesn't seem to be fast over 5, which is probably more important.
Looking forward to seeing the new forwards next season!
GingerGuy

Postby Blue & White Army » Wed May 15, 2019 5:02 pm

Latest rumour is Freddie is off to Maidenhead?
Blue & White Army

Postby The Guvnor » Fri May 17, 2019 5:34 am

If I were a Chippenham fan I wouldn't be getting too excited over Pratts return. Of course we didn't use him right but he had plenty of chances which he fluffed and I also think physically he's not the same player we signed. Maybe the travelling took its toll but it again it just reflects the madness of his signing in the first place. I would understand it if we were in the middle of nowhere and had to pay players a premium to travel in but we're in London FFS.
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Fri May 17, 2019 9:41 am

If true about Freddie then surely he goes with our blessings? Happy for him to be moving on to a club at the next step up.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum