Signings or those that have re-signed

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:31 am

worruz wrote:
worruz wrote:New signing Afo Coker

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/wealdstone-sign-afolabi-coker

There was a West Ham player with a similar name years ago I think?

Ade Coker - West Ham, early 70s.

I think it was his debut at 16 on The Big Match that he played keepy upy by the corner flag. Precocious from a kid in the old div 1.
BillyByrneFan

Postby breakspear stones » Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:21 pm

Michee Efete signed
breakspear stones

Postby worruz » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:04 pm

breakspear stones wrote:Michee Efete signed

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/efete-signs-for-wealdstone

To be fair he seems pleased he’s signed for us to be fair.
worruz

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:07 pm

According to Billericay he's under contract till the end of June next year. I hope this is a case of them not being up to date and let him go rather than us paying a fee for yet another centre back.
BillyByrneFan

Postby attic » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:14 pm

If the fee is reasonable and he's a good player I can only endorse paying for him. We need to be realistic. Good players will usually come at a price.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby deadly » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:22 pm

worruz wrote:

https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/efete-signs-for-wealdstone

To be fair he seems pleased he’s signed for us to be fair.

To be fair, to be fair....is he Irish by any chance? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He has played at some decent level clubs, but presumably we are not paying him the same level of wages that he got at Billericay...
Are we raiding the supporters club kittie to get all these new players?

I had presumed that this was going to be a holding season, tightening of belts, keeping within the budget etc, etc
I am not complaining, far from it, but as Peter Marsden was overthrown for allegedly spending beyond the clubs means, I do hope that the remaining directors are not now secretly sharpening their knives for Rory. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rome was not built in a Deadly day.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:24 pm

attic wrote:If the fee is reasonable and he's a good player I can only endorse paying for him. We need to be realistic. Good players will usually come at a price.

True and if we can afford it. Watching his interview he says he's more of a right back which could well be the position to cover as Nick Arnold's fitness has a question mark.
BillyByrneFan

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:15 pm

I doubt we've overspent on the agreed budget, young players and those from lower levels will be cheaper and we have quite a few of those.

I see our business as decent, with no real standouts or if you like statements of intent.

We look solid rather than spectacular because thats where we are right now.

We have signed what seems to be a lot of potential and of course if 1 or 2 come off then we may flirt with the play offs but it looks like mid table for me.
The Guvnor

Postby TalkinStone » Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:25 pm

It will be interesting to see how this group perform. It’s a tough league with Havant and Maidstone probably hoping to go straight back up, Weymouth and Dorking likely to be decent plus Billericay still showing a lot of ambition. Hemel and Concorde have signed well and Dartfird, Chelmsford and Bath are likleky to have play off expectations.

Seems like we’ll have more pace and attacking threat, 2 defenders signed this weekend helps but the midfield will be key.

Mid-table is probably about right but flirting with the play offs must be the hope and sticking to budget is a must!
TalkinStone

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:05 am

Amongst all of this transfer activity we should remember that probably the most important signings were made by the board prior to DB's arrival. North,Stevens,Green,Okimo and Shepherd are all proven players at this level and will provide stability and continuity as the new side takes shape. Within that group is also our club captain and in Shepherd a player who I believe is ready to step up and be one of our better players this season. Maybe we are all being a bit cautious as to how we'll do this season because with the exception of Poku I suspect we will have better players at our disposal.

UTS
The Guvnor

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum