Signings or those that have re-signed

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby charlie » Fri May 17, 2019 9:56 am

We should be keeping players like Freddie not letting then go with our blessing Attic ?

If rumour true its only Maidenhead, we should match them and not be rolled over....Ambition!!

Charlie ! " You need to speak to Uncle Albert". ......
charlie
 
Posts: 2252
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby rayners lament » Fri May 17, 2019 12:49 pm

charlie wrote:We should be keeping players like Freddie not letting then go with our blessing Attic ?

If rumour true its only Maidenhead, we should match them and not be rolled over....Ambition!!

Charlie ! " You need to speak to Uncle Albert". ......


"Only Maidenhead" indeed, but I'm struggling to find an aspect at which we could "match them".
Club and team management? Support? Location? Finance? Reality is, we're not in the same league.
rayners lament
 
Posts: 77
Joined: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:35 pm

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby worruz » Fri May 17, 2019 1:00 pm

rayners lament wrote:
charlie wrote:We should be keeping players like Freddie not letting then go with our blessing Attic ?

If rumour true its only Maidenhead, we should match them and not be rolled over....Ambition!!

Charlie ! " You need to speak to Uncle Albert". ......


"Only Maidenhead" indeed, but I'm struggling to find an aspect at which we could "match them".
Club and team management? Support? Location? Finance? Reality is, we're not in the same league.


I think we match them in location.

They're a division higher but potentially our support is as good as theirs.

The rest I agree.
worruz
 
Posts: 1333
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby The Guvnor » Fri May 17, 2019 1:52 pm

Shock, horror a player looks after number 1.

There are some out there who just never learn.
The Guvnor
 
Posts: 3112
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:09 pm

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby attic » Fri May 17, 2019 2:02 pm

worruz wrote:
rayners lament wrote:
charlie wrote:We should be keeping players like Freddie not letting then go with our blessing Attic ?

If rumour true its only Maidenhead, we should match them and not be rolled over....Ambition!!

Charlie ! " You need to speak to Uncle Albert". ......


"Only Maidenhead" indeed, but I'm struggling to find an aspect at which we could "match them".
Club and team management? Support? Location? Finance? Reality is, we're not in the same league.


I think we match them in location.

They're a division higher but potentially our support is as good as theirs.

The rest I agree.


There's a lot of similarities between the two clubs to be fair. Maidenhead are probably the 'next stage' of which Wealdstone should aspire to. With the right choice of manager and a competitive budget I see no reason why we can't get promoted out of this league. Of course the real challenge then becomes staying in the Conference National.

I still wouldn't hold it against any player who leaves us to step up a level. Its those who simply follow a manager about or decent players who join a less aspiring club than ours that raise questions.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
User avatar
attic
 
Posts: 7775
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby Elmslie Ender » Fri May 17, 2019 3:29 pm

I'd say that Maidenhead are light years ahead of us. Their average attendance has increased at least four fold over about five years; huge amount of youth now attend as they embraced them rather the pushed them away; gone up a level and survived; have continued to develop their home ground, with two new stands; own it outright in the middle of the town; appointed a tried and tested manager; and, probably most importantly, have a millionaire chairman who has invested into the club in a sustained and sustainable manner. We have a lot to learn from them.

If you remember that last game of the season a few years ago when we invaded York Road, who would have thought that it was them who would forge ahead rather than us.
Elmslie Ender
 
Posts: 3931
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby BKK » Fri May 17, 2019 4:54 pm

Blimey, ambition and a wealthy Chairman!
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
User avatar
BKK
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:19 pm

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby worruz » Fri May 17, 2019 8:46 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:If you remember that last game of the season a few years ago when we invaded York Road, who would have thought that it was them who would forge ahead rather than us.



Well, its Wealdstone.

Is anyone surprised really?
worruz
 
Posts: 1333
Joined: Wed May 10, 2017 12:49 pm

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby Elmslie Ender » Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Hardly a big surprise, but Freddie Grant goes to Maidenhead.
Elmslie Ender
 
Posts: 3931
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:50 pm

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby attic » Mon May 20, 2019 7:24 pm

Good luck to him. No problem with any player leaving us to play at a higher level.

Seems the conjecture mill is rife with potential new signings who will come with the alleged new manager!!!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
User avatar
attic
 
Posts: 7775
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2009 9:04 pm

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests