Signings or those that have re-signed

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby breakspear stones » Fri May 24, 2019 6:11 pm

Just heard from a former player that Rhys Tyler has been released
breakspear stones

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Fri May 24, 2019 6:33 pm

I think Parkes has been coveted by some of us for years...and no doubt he is a quality footballer. But hardly someone to beef up the midfield. Him alongside an Ahmidi type would be interesting for sure though...
Waltons Left Boot

Postby russpa » Fri May 24, 2019 6:34 pm

Why would they want to release him. He was a class act...if he left on his own accord fine but. This is looking to be a poor season ahead with talented player after player going and no doubt being replaced by more Bostik players.
russpa

Postby warren » Fri May 24, 2019 6:40 pm

russpa wrote:Why would they want to release him. He was a class act...if he left on his own accord fine but. This is looking to be a poor season ahead with talented player after player going and no doubt being replaced by more Bostik players.

money no doubt he wanted more than we will willing to pay
warren

Postby Elmslie Ender » Fri May 24, 2019 6:57 pm

russpa wrote:Why would they want to release him. He was a class act...if he left on his own accord fine but. This is looking to be a poor season ahead with talented player after player going and no doubt being replaced by more Bostik players.

Apart from Poku and Grant, who have both gone up a level, and on better wages, who that is talented has left? We signed the ones that we wanted to keep and apart from the aforementioned duo, bar Smith, who else would you have been desperate to keep?
Elmslie Ender

Postby russpa » Fri May 24, 2019 7:01 pm

monakana i would have kept. I expect Mensah to go next i would keep him..i know with a slashed budget we will have players who are young and looking to progress but are unproven or players that are from relegation haunted sides..but after a couple of seasons of money this has to be expected as already Northy and Okimo Stevens and Green will demand a fair wage and they deserve it i would not be surprised if they alone eat well over 2/5ths of the total budget
russpa

Postby Elmslie Ender » Fri May 24, 2019 7:05 pm

russpa wrote:monakana i would have kept. I expect Mensah to go next i would keep him..i know with a slashed budget we will have players who are young and looking to progress but are unproven or players that are from relegation haunted sides..but after a couple of seasons of money this has to be expected as already Northy and Okimo Stevens and Green will demand a fair wage and they deserve it i would not be surprised if they alone eat well over 2/5ths of the total budget

Monakana was on contract, probably a reasonable one. I wouldn't have been averse to either Monakana or Mensah staying but let's see who the new manager brings in/ Stephan Brown now also announcing that he hasn't been contacted by the club so assumes he's a free agent.

The manager has stated the budget is competitive and, unlike it seems from his Hemel/Billericay days, is fixed and committed for the whole season.
Elmslie Ender

Postby attic » Fri May 24, 2019 8:41 pm

Let's not have any wailing or slashing wrists over a few departing players. Tyler was a decent right back when fit but there are plenty of other decent players out there looking for a club. We really need to divert some of this money into an effective forward or two anyway. A moderate team can become a good team with a bloke up front banging in goals frequently.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby John Young » Fri May 24, 2019 9:59 pm

Yes it was a shame not to get Grant and Poku however right and left full backs don't win you many games. We have kept centre halves and I'm sure there are plenty of decent full backs out there. I would much rather see 2 proper centre forwards and a decent winger who perform week in and out rather than 1in5 games when the mood takes them. Everyone was complaining that we had no forwards , well the 1st signing is young hungry and looks like another Eisa. Give me entertainment anytime. Give most the new management team a chance before wingeing. UTS
John Young

Postby breakspear stones » Fri May 24, 2019 10:06 pm

John Young wrote:Yes it was a shame not to get Grant and Poku however right and left full backs don't win you many games. We have kept centre halves and I'm sure there are plenty of decent full backs out there. I would much rather see 2 proper centre forwards and a decent winger who perform week in and out rather than 1in5 games when the mood takes them. Everyone was complaining that we had no forwards , well the 1st signing is young hungry and looks like another Eisa. Give me entertainment anytime. Give most the new management team a chance before wingeing. UTS

I don’t think people are whingeing John , people are concerned seeing players leave & no sign of any coming in apart from Recce Beckles Richards
breakspear stones

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum