Signings or those that have re-signed

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Signings or those that have re-signed

Postby byronpark » Fri May 24, 2019 10:53 pm

For F..K sake it's May, the new manager was announced last Tuesday, give him a chance, get your rose tinted glasses off,
we were lucky and made the place offs two great games, but if results had gone the other way we would have finished
mid table. so last seasons squad isn't as brilliant as some of you would like to make out.
byronpark

Postby breakspear stones » Fri May 24, 2019 11:34 pm

The new manager may have been announced on Tuesday but listening to his first interview didn’t DB say he been talking to players since Sunday , or did I misunderstand him ?

I’ll always support the management team & players once they are put together, surely fans are allowed to show some concerns as pre season will be with us in no time & we don’t want to be left with players that no one else wants

Last seasons squad got us to the playoffs at the end of the day & that’s what last seasons management team aim was , an improvement on the previous season league placing , what more can we expect as fans after the goings on behind the scenes.

Remember we were 2nd in the league Nov/ Dec time , why do you think that happened & why the sudden slump, maybe the players were hearing the rumours of unrest in the boardroom at the time, this could of had them worried about were their wages going to be forthcoming at the end of the month. I know players have always been paid to the best of my knowledge but were the players so sure ?

UTS
breakspear stones

Postby Slugger » Sat May 25, 2019 12:08 am

byronpark wrote:For F..K sake it's May, the new manager was announced last Tuesday, give him a chance, get your rose tinted glasses off,
we were lucky and made the place offs two great games, but if results had gone the other way we would have finished
mid table. so last seasons squad isn't as brilliant as some of you would like to make out.

Be it luck or not, we made the play offs, that was the objective for the season. No? It's not like we were gonna finish top. What about all the bad luck we had, surely we were entitled to some good luck at some point!? If the games we lost had been won instead, then we would have taken 3 points from them, so saying about games going the other way is kind of a mute point.

What is a concern, is that we had some tried and tested players, that were not on big money, and they have not been retained. That means there's gonna be new players brought in, that aren't proven with Wealdstone. Sometimes it's better the devil you know, even if it costs you a few more pennies.

We didn't do too bad last season with a lack of goals from the strikers, so we can only imagine what we would have done this coming season, had we retained the core players that we should have, and added a couple of goal scorers up top.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.
Slugger

Postby Slugger » Sat May 25, 2019 12:29 am

John Young wrote:Yes it was a shame not to get Grant and Poku however right and left full backs don't win you many games. We have kept centre halves and I'm sure there are plenty of decent full backs out there. I would much rather see 2 proper centre forwards and a decent winger who perform week in and out rather than 1in5 games when the mood takes them. Everyone was complaining that we had no forwards , well the 1st signing is young hungry and looks like another Eisa. Give me entertainment anytime. Give most the new management team a chance before wingeing. UTS

I'm not so sure everyone was complaining at the lack of forwards. We didn't do too bad without them, did we?. Yes it's always good to score more goals, but we made the playoffs because we conceded less goals than all of the teams below us, and we actually scored more than a lot of them as well.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.
Slugger

Postby kenton1 » Sat May 25, 2019 6:06 am

We may have scored 62 goals in the league but we conceded 50 goals. These 50 goals involved 16 clean sheets; 12x1; 4x2 and 10x3 goals. Any team which lets in 3 goals this many times will struggle with a forward line not scoring goals the other end ! We actually only scored more than 3 twice in the league (both against Weston SM). Supporters have known for the last couple of seasons that we have needed at least one proven goalscorer but for whatever reason we have been unable to resolve this problem. Hopefully, the new Management team will be able to redress this anomaly and give us a better chance of winning a few more games. UTS
kenton1

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat May 25, 2019 6:30 am

The way the new manager plays the game, be ready for high scoring matches at both ends!
Elmslie Ender

Postby Stoney Ground » Sat May 25, 2019 6:46 am

breakspear stones wrote:
Remember we were 2nd in the league Nov/ Dec time , why do you think that happened & why the sudden slump, maybe the players were hearing the rumours of unrest in the boardroom at the time, this could of had them worried about were their wages going to be forthcoming at the end of the month. I know players have always been paid to the best of my knowledge but were the players so sure ?

UTS

A few reasons we were 2nd we had played 2 games more than every one else and we were way over the agreed budget that was unsustainable.

Plus we got injuries to, Freddie, Rhys and Bradley.

The players know more than they let on, and would be well aware that we are a club renowned for paying its players and HMRC.
Stoney Ground

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat May 25, 2019 6:56 am

Stoney Ground wrote:
breakspear stones wrote:

UTS

The players know more than they let on, and would be well aware that we are a club renowned for paying its players and HMRC.

Exactly and that is a reason why we do attract players as they know they will be paid what they are owed and on time.
Elmslie Ender

Postby The Guvnor » Sat May 25, 2019 6:59 am

We were 2nd for about a day, not worth mentioning unless you are struggling to impress.
The Guvnor

Postby John Young » Sat May 25, 2019 8:48 am

We lost 2 players who have gone up a division and the best of luck to both of them. Out of the rest of the squad Brown not good enough. Monakana very inconsistent. Smith agree worth keeping if he and manager want him to stay. Tyler gave all but often caught out defensively costing goals a maybe for me. Mensah another maybe as a squad player. Personally would like to see a back 4 then 1 holding midfielder 3 central / wingers and 2 strikers . Rather than try and get a goal and defend let's see some entertainment and yes a winning side as well. Fed up last year at home some dreadful games it was better value at away games. Give the new management team a chance , can't see it will be like last year announcing 10-15 signed players in the space of 3 days. Chelmsford have only signed 4 players last time I looked earlier in the week so with 6 were ahead of the game. UTS
John Young

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum