Wilkinson gone

For all things Wealdstone FC

Wilkinson gone

Postby Elmslie Ender » Fri May 10, 2019 4:05 pm

...for non footballing reasons....
Elmslie Ender

Re: Wilkinson gone

Postby torben » Fri May 10, 2019 4:13 pm

Did the player sign because he was not going to be here?
torben

Postby attic » Fri May 10, 2019 4:21 pm

Lots of fall out will be forthcoming I'm sure. Either way I can only thank Bobby for his time and efforts at the club. Things weren't always perfect and there was always a hint of strained toleration from both parties at times. However, the second half of this season saw his team put in some good performances and show a physical edge much lacking in the past. We actually won a play off game and even his critics were starting to take to him!

Good luck in the future Bobby.

As for the future....lets not appoint on the basis of someone who 'gets' Wealdstone please. Unless he's someone who's proven at this level and can take the club forward.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby John Young » Fri May 10, 2019 4:31 pm

Want to wish Bobby and his team all the very best for the future. As Attic wrote semi final of Trophy and playoffs. Might not have been everyone's cup of tea but who is. Wore his heart on his sleeve and wanted to be a success. Good Luck in your future.
John Young

Postby worruz » Fri May 10, 2019 4:37 pm

Well he goes with my best wishes anyway.

I know several didnt like him for various reasons but I never had a major problem.

Let’s hope we get the right appointment and people judge him/her (yes really ) on footballing reasons and not stuff like their accent or interview style.

Hopefully nobody wishes death on whoever gets it in front of their family or calls them the c word either. Maybe too much to ask but who knows.
worruz

Postby charlie » Fri May 10, 2019 4:40 pm

"Our Bobby" Gone after board room fallout.

Who s in the frame ? GB on his way back. Could be his Wife though.
charlie

Postby worruz » Fri May 10, 2019 4:47 pm

Some on Facebook saying they want to see Sam Cox as player/manager.

I presumed it was a wind up but no...they’re being serious.

Beggars belief.
worruz

Postby TwoToneStone » Fri May 10, 2019 4:48 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:...for non footballing reasons....

Should the board not explain exactly why he has gone if it is for non footballing reasons?

Or already been approached elsewhere perhaps?
Last edited by TwoToneStone on Fri May 10, 2019 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TwoToneStone

Postby Elmslie Ender » Fri May 10, 2019 4:50 pm

I suppose only in non-league football can you be 12 minutes from a final and then less than a week later the manager's gone. Obviously BW was a marmite character, but our form since NYD saw us get into the play-offs as we expected at the start of the season, with a side that was built in a way that many fans liked. Physically strong and seen as a side that bullied the opposition. Men rather than boys, though it wasn't pretty.

That said, the minute BW called out the board to match his ambition, a collision course was being embarked on. Did that mean a competitive budget but less than the last two years, or at levels that he's enjoyed in his years in charge that we can't afford? Rumours rife throughout the day of the reasons why the decision has been made.

BW deserves credit for the performances since NYD, but you always felt the there would a confrontation in the offing. It has been a rollercoaster, but two semi-finals in major competitions are definitely ticks in the credit column. Never easy to takeover from a footballing legend. Time will tell on how he will be seen in the pantheon of Wealdstone managers.

Next appointment will be crucial. Can't afford to go for a lazy option. One that I have heard would be disastrous as supporters of his former club universally pan him.

Thanks BW for the FAT semis and Bath/Woking.
Elmslie Ender

Postby craigw87 » Fri May 10, 2019 4:58 pm

As Rands Jnr put on Twitter

Two years, One Fa Trophy semi-final, one playoff semi final and a few bad days.

Interesting to see who the board go with for the next manager.

A few names to consider for me...

Anthony Gale
Luke Tuffs
Dean Brennan
Neil Baker/John Underwood- Slough Joint bosses
Drax Hippolyte
Steve Conroy
Nikki Bull
craigw87

Next

Return to stonesnet forum