Wilkinson gone

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Wilkinson gone

Postby warren » Sat May 11, 2019 7:08 am

not sure when it was but the statement has been changed. its now longer for non football reasons
warren

Postby kenton1 » Sat May 11, 2019 7:54 am

Well spotted Warren. Makes his departure even more intriguing given this change of wording ! Perhaps his ambitions did not coincide with the Boards for next season or he has been "tapped up" by another bigger club (in his opinion). Only time will tell but I cannot believe he will be out of work very long. Whatever happens well done Bobby for given us an exciting end to the season. Good luck for the future.
kenton1

Postby megaphone » Sat May 11, 2019 8:03 am

The new professional era........ :roll:

These are the people in charge of selecting the new manager.

warren wrote:not sure when it was but the statement has been changed. its now longer for non football reasons
megaphone

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sat May 11, 2019 8:13 am

What you can say about the current board is they haven't been worried about making big decisions, whether you agree with them or not. The removal of PM, making sure that the budget was adhered to since Christmas at whatever cost (no pun intended) and now the departure of BW. It is certainly decisive.

Now for them to make a hugely vital decision in whom is appointed next. Get it wrong and its back to the RL/SL, which would be a disaster and probably take years to recover from. Need to make a decision quickly too, otherwise those that haven't signed, and whom we want to keep eg North, Poku, Grant and Smith, don't end up going elsewhere.
Elmslie Ender

Postby BKK » Sat May 11, 2019 8:49 am

Donald Trump is decisive
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby attic » Sat May 11, 2019 8:51 am

BKK wrote:Donald Trump is decisive

He's also likely to win another election too. We want winners at Wealdstone don't we??

Disclaimer. No political agenda is intended here!!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Sat May 11, 2019 9:04 am

Whatever peoples views on BW and PM it can't be denied the atmosphere at the club was as bad as I think I've ever known it. Not apportioning blame and of course it takes two to tango but the amount of in fighting, posturing and general mayhem was not in the clubs best interests. There does seem to be more stability in the running of the club these days but the new board still need to convince the fan base that they are up to the task. Removing the main source of income from the board was a bold move and we have yet to see how this gap will be replaced. There are players I'd like to stay but I wouldn't be bothered if they all left because one day they will anyway and if they feel so emotionally attached to BW that they feel they have to be with him then who are we to stand in their way. There are plenty of players out there just as good if not better than what we have but at the risk of becoming repetitive we need a competitive budget to get them. All eyes are on the board because its D Day for them - they have to get the new manager right and provide him with the funds to give him a chance. Failure to do this will not go down very well I suspect.
The Guvnor

Postby The Guvnor » Sat May 11, 2019 9:08 am

attic wrote:We want winners at Wealdstone don't we??

Probably not, losing semi finalists seems to tick all the boxes these days.
The Guvnor

Postby adamgloor » Sat May 11, 2019 2:08 pm

I believe getting 7th place was a decent par round for BW.
There are a few issues which trouble me.
It is broadly agreed that Pratt was on crazy money. How was that deal negotiated? If it was me, I’d have baulked at paying that much unless he proven to be far more effective. If BW was happy paying that then it should count against him.

Once Bubb was crocked long term we basically had no forward that was going to score more than once a month. How we got to 7th was actually quite an achievement, so credit to BW and players on that score. Is it poor forward recruitment from BW or simply the board saying we have to stop expenditure mid-season that led to this?

My positives from this season are home gates improving again (close to 900 avg) and obviously getting,and competing well in the play-offs.

As for next manager Good Luck to him and thanks to BW for doing his best for us.
I guess if we finish 6/7 or higher next season on the smaller budget we can say BW was overrated, but if not then history will judge him well.
adamgloor

Postby Windermere Bore » Sat May 11, 2019 2:17 pm

From the Aldershot forum:

Re: New manager...who is it going to be?
Post by 1957shot » Sat May 11, 2019 12:06 pm

I have two good friends who are life-long Wealdstone supporters (we live quite nearby). One has been on the board and they are both very active in the clubs' activities. They hate Wilkinson both as a person and a manager. Apparently the football is very boring, defensive and 'hoof ball'. Obviously he has had reasonable results this year but that was on a bigger budget than previously. Maybe he would get results for us but from what I hear I hope he doesn't come anywhere near the EBB.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Windermere Bore

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum