Wilkinson gone

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Wilkinson gone

Postby The Guvnor » Sat May 11, 2019 3:04 pm

Interestingly I was at Lords yesterday and got chatting to someone I'd never met before. Turns out he lives in Ruislip and goes fairly regularly to our home games, not exactly a fan but someone who enjoys football on his doorstep. Once the Wealdstone link was established the first question to me was " why do they keep hitting long high balls up to a striker playing on his own against two giants " One of the Worlds great mysteries I replied.
The Guvnor

Postby breakspear stones » Sat May 11, 2019 4:04 pm

The Guvnor wrote:Interestingly I was at Lords yesterday and got chatting to someone I'd never met before. Turns out he lives in Ruislip and goes fairly regularly to our home games, not exactly a fan but someone who enjoys football on his doorstep. Once the Wealdstone link was established the first question to me was " why do they keep hitting long high balls up to a striker playing on his own against two giants " One of the Worlds great mysteries I replied.

Was you stood in front of a mirror ?
breakspear stones

Postby The Guvnor » Sat May 11, 2019 8:40 pm

breakspear stones wrote:Was you stood in front of a mirror ?

You can't fool all of the people all of the time.
The Guvnor

Postby TalkinStone » Sun May 12, 2019 2:26 pm

Well it’s never dull around here!

Given we’d just reached the play off semi final and the likely cost of sacking a manager it feel safe to assume that this wasn’t planned and something happened post Woking.

High points under BW for me would be Billericay, Woking at home Bath in the play offs, lows would be Burgess Hill, Biggleswade, Slough on Boxing Day, Hampton on NYD and in some ways the FA Trophy semi final.

Good signings include Connor, Freddie and Rhys, Christian Smith and of course Poku.

Unfortunately unable to sign enough quality up top or wide and let a couple go that we’re arguably worth persevering with.

The 16 year old in goal vs Eastbourne will always count against him as will digging out Board, supporters and players in some interviews.

He matured into the role but for waherver reason we won’t get to see if he could get the best out of what would have been a smaller, cheaper squad.

Some poor poor treatment from fans which no manager deserves.

Good luck Bobby
TalkinStone

Postby FGW » Mon May 13, 2019 8:40 am

Best of luck....
FGW

Postby The Guvnor » Thu May 23, 2019 6:42 am

2 weeks on from his departure things are a lot clearer, he obviously didn't have a job to go to and obviously didn't walk out.

Seems very likely he went for the Aldershot job but they gave it to a manager with very little experience.

I think some of his interviews will come back to haunt him, I can't imagine we'd be too impressed if it were suggested that he was in the running to be our next manager.

Everything is in the public domain these days and unfortunately I think he'll be judged more by those interviews than his results.
The Guvnor

Postby Elmslie Ender » Thu May 23, 2019 10:07 am

The Guvnor wrote:2 weeks on from his departure things are a lot clearer, he obviously didn't have a job to go to and obviously didn't walk out.

Seems very likely he went for the Aldershot job but they gave it to a manager with very little experience.

I think some of his interviews will come back to haunt him, I can't imagine we'd be too impressed if it were suggested that he was in the running to be our next manager.

Everything is in the public domain these days and unfortunately I think he'll be judged more by those interviews than his results.

You may well be right Gordon. The word on the street was that Aldershot were very unimpressed with his post match interview verses Woking.

BW has always had a full time position, even at Hungerford, so not sure what there will be on offer for him elsewhere in the non-league pyramid. There's hardly likely to be a vacancy now. He might need to bide his time until next season. That does beg the question that if he didn't walk out, are we on hook for paying him compensation or did he resign and then try and retract afterwards?
Elmslie Ender

Postby Waltons Left Boot » Thu May 23, 2019 10:59 am

I can hear a distant Tamplin call from the future....
Waltons Left Boot

Postby Slugger » Sat May 25, 2019 12:43 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:You may well be right Gordon. The word on the street was that Aldershot were very unimpressed with his post match interview verses Woking.

They may have also been unimpressed by the retracted "non-footballing reasons" statement by the board.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.
Slugger

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum