DaleBinns FA Vase

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: DaleBinns FA Vase

Postby Windermere Bore » Sun May 19, 2019 5:18 pm

worruz wrote:I presume the Guentchev is the sone of Boncho?

I assume it's him.
Lubomir.
When I watched the Mongs training, I always wondered just how the ball stayed on his laces or under his boot when someone hoofed it at him from 50 yards away and it went 40 yards in the air. Every other player "trapped" the ball to within about 10 feet. He grew up and learned to play football on park pitches in northwest London, not Bulgaria, so why couldn't anyone else do that?
Was on £££ at Lowestoft. Did a proper degree at Kingston. I forget what in.
Played Div #1 and Div #2 in Bulgaria.
Was at everyone's 2nd-favourite "Right On!" German club, Union Berlin, for a while. I see they got the point they needed to make the play-offs for the Bundesliga this afternoon. As Paderborn lost, Union would've gone straight up with a win. They play VfB Stuttgart over two legs in the play-offs. They edged-out Hamburg by a point, but they had a much better g.d. and I think g.d. is the decider if teams are level on points in Germany, not head-to-head records or a play-off, so Hamburg wouldn't have caught them anyway. Maybe some glory hunters with a collection of St.Pauli t-shirts will switch teams if Union go up... and When Saturday Comes does a nice article on them*

(*That's not a dig at Bananas or anyone else on here with St.Pauli affiliations. Just sayin', like!)
Windermere Bore

Postby deadly » Sun May 19, 2019 7:14 pm

I watched both the Vase and Trophy finals at Wembley today.
Excellent value for money at only £11.50 for an online old stoats ticket.
The Vase game was far better entertainment-wise for neutral fans.
Dale Binns played ok and was subbed only in extra time after putting a good shift in.

Although Orient worked hard and hit the post 3 times their play looked laboured for much of the match.
Orient thus failed to do the non-league double , a feat only achieved by Colchester, Wycombe .....
and Wealdstone of course. :lol: :lol:

Met a Wembley F. C. fan before the game who thinks their chairman would jump at the chance of a team of Wealdstone's stature groundsharing at Vale Farm in a few years time, given their ever-mounting costs. Might be worth a discrete enquiry by the board if our future options are limited at Grovsnor Vale when the next round of negotiations with our landlords take place.

Deadly Stoat Rumour. 8-)
Last edited by deadly on Sun May 19, 2019 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun May 19, 2019 7:20 pm

deadly wrote:I watched both the Vase and Trophy finals at Wembley today.
The Vase game was far better entertainment-wise for neutral fans.
Dale Binns played ok and was subbed only in extra time after putting a good shift in.

Although Orient worked hard and hit the post 3 times their play looked laboured for much of the match.
Orient thus failed to do the non-league double , a feat only achieved by Colchester, Wycombe .....
and Wealdstone of course. :lol: :lol:

Met a Wembley F. C. fan before the game who thinks their chairman would jump at the chance of a team of Wealdstone's stature groundsharing at Vale Farm in a few years time, given their ever-mounting costs. Might be worth a discrete enquiry by the board if our future options are limited at Grovsnor Vale when the next round of negotiations with our landlords take place.

Deadly Stoat Rumour. 8-)

Their chairman has already shafted us once regarding a groundshare previously. Anyway it’s in Brent, why would be even consider going there?
Elmslie Ender

Postby deadly » Sun May 19, 2019 7:22 pm

I did say if our options were limited...
I am aware of the previous dealings with the Wembley chairman, but if for instance it was a straight choice between them and Barnet.... :twisted: :twisted: :roll:
I believe (perhaps Alan A can confirm?) that when Hendon ground shared with Wembley they had a deal that included profits from bar takings on matchdays....
something that was refused when the Barnet chairman took over the Prince Edward ground.
The Wembley ground is still nearer our original fanbase in Harrow and has better transport links than some options...

but yes,
of course, somewhere closer in Hillingdon to GV will ALWAYS be preferred if we HAVE to move.

Deadly Advocate.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby breakspear stones » Sun May 19, 2019 8:14 pm

If we leave GV the site we going to is a lot closer to home then some might think , the transport links ain’t great though UTS
breakspear stones

Postby Elmslie Ender » Sun May 19, 2019 8:46 pm

A centre of learning, Ginge; though if HS2 happens, there might be a better option.
Elmslie Ender

Postby attic » Sun May 19, 2019 8:53 pm

I think the club would do well to procure another piece of land. At the very least then we could push the landlords harder for a longer term lease. They may be happy for us to vacate and deny them an income. They may give us a longer term lease.

Either way I believe the Vale, no matter how homely it feels, is not the right place to be if we are to seriously progress.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Windermere Bore » Mon May 20, 2019 11:15 am

deadly wrote:when Hendon ground shared with Wembley they had a deal that included profits from bar takings on matchdays....

Yeah. There was a (fairly generous) window either side of a game for which Hendon got the takings. Had to staff the bar though. It was a very fair deal overall. Nothing to do with me. Mr.Gumm can be a mite tetchy but there are far worse chairman to do business with. Mr.Rogers is much easier to deal with than Mr.Gumm. He gave Hendon an even more geneorus deal at Earlsmead... but I don't think we should go there, even metaphorically .
Windermere Bore

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum