Meet the NEW manager this Wednesday 22nd May 730pm

For all things Wealdstone FC

Meet the NEW manager this Wednesday 22nd May 730pm

Postby attic » Mon May 20, 2019 7:26 pm

Short notice but your chance to meet the new manager. 730pm at the Vale this coming Wednesday.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: Meet the NEW manager this Wednesday 22nd May 730pm

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon May 20, 2019 10:07 pm

attic wrote:Short notice but your chance to meet the new manager. 730pm at the Vale this coming Wednesday.

Any chance this could be recorded and put on website or other media, for those that can’t afford to live in the metropolis.

Might even help with season ticket sales ;)
Stoney Ground

Postby The Guvnor » Tue May 21, 2019 4:53 am

Stoney Ground wrote:Any chance this could be recorded and put on website or other media, for those that can’t afford to live in the metropolis.

I'll do it for you now if you like;

1) I'm really excited to be here

2) Its a club I've always wanted to manage

3) I want to build something at this club.

4) Cant wait to play in front of these fans. ( I hope he realises he'll have to play in the beer garden for that to happen)

5) Me and me management team will be giving it our all to bring success to this club.

6) The effort level will range from about 100 -150 % depending on his grasp of basic maths.

7) The players here are just not fit enough.

Think that just about covers it.
The Guvnor

Postby John Young » Tue May 21, 2019 6:38 am

Sounds like the Guvnor has either met the new manager or is the new manager , cynical or what!!Take a swipe before the person starts ? Let's hope that they can live up to the expectations needed to appease certain fans. Like everyone I want to see a combination of grit, determination and good football with some attacking flair and goals , but that is every fans want. It would help to be more successful at home , to encourage more people through the turnstiles. Whoever the new manager is I wish them well and successful. UTS.
John Young

Postby Windermere Bore » Tue May 21, 2019 8:25 am

The Guvnor wrote:
6) The effort level will range from about 100 -150 % depending on his grasp of basic maths.

One of my all-time fave football one-liners was in a review of Harald Schumacher's autobiography, "An Pfiff", in which the opening page contains the revelation that Schumacher always gave 120%.

"Germans giving 10% more than the English maximum might well explain why they are better than us."

I don't know who the new manager is.
However, I expect the level of bitching on here to vastly exceed even the number of cautiously optimistic posts and I don't expect any paeans congratulating the Board on the appointment. :lol:
Windermere Bore

Postby Windermere Bore » Tue May 21, 2019 9:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v1m4JKH3AM

Still the best sports movie ever made... unless you're sufficiently immune from depression to watch "This Sporting Life."
Windermere Bore

Postby Windermere Bore » Tue May 21, 2019 11:09 am

Fundraising idea...
£10 in each.
Predict when the "New Manager" thread about to be launched will pass the old "Team Draw" thread as the longest on this forum.
Closest scoops the pot.
Windermere Bore

Postby worruz » Tue May 21, 2019 12:06 pm

Windermere Bore wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:

One of my all-time fave football one-liners was in a review of Harald Schumacher's autobiography, "An Pfiff", in which the opening page contains the revelation that Schumacher always gave 120%.

"Germans giving 10% more than the English maximum might well explain why they are better than us."

I don't know who the new manager is.
However, I expect the level of bitching on here to vastly exceed even the number of cautiously optimistic posts and I don't expect any paeans congratulating the Board on the appointment. :lol:

I don’t know enough about the managers available to be able to bitch. The name I’ve heard I know very little about.
worruz

Postby Windermere Bore » Tue May 21, 2019 2:20 pm

I just got home to find one estate car with a large aerial and one van with a satellite disc outside my door.
Unusual for this time of year. Maybe I should ask the twats what they're doing here.
It would be just like Stones to appoint an average manager on the day Sarri becomes available.
Surely even Abramovich wouldn't sack the manager a week before a European final.
Windermere Bore

Postby rayners lament » Tue May 21, 2019 3:44 pm

[quote="Windermere Bore"]I just got home to find one estate car with a large aerial and one van with a satellite disc outside my door.
Unusual for this time of year. Maybe I should ask the twats what they're doing here.

Has the Man Booker Prize been awarded this year?
rayners lament

Return to stonesnet forum