Re: St Albans ticket price

Postby HammeredWasp » Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:28 pm

Option 2, a lot of people do that at home games already :D
HammeredWasp

Postby TwoToneStone » Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:51 pm

deadly wrote:
Any other suggestions?

Go to the game, support the team and go home rather than getting in a state over a couple of quid?
TwoToneStone

Postby s.k.khanna » Sat Jun 22, 2019 11:04 pm

TwoToneStone wrote:Go to the game, support the team and go home...

...very valid point.

I've been supporting Wealdstone FC for the best part of 47 years. An essential ingredient to that support involves going to games home & away, watching my team (and most importantly of course) buying a Wealdstone Programme as a souvenir of the occasion. This isn't going to change for me anytime soon.
Unfortunately I cannot control the greed, need or indeed deeds the opponents we play choose to impose on it's patrons or us. All I can do is override them if I can and do what I've always done and support my team. It's one match - I think I'll survive the aftermath.

Don't think I'm alone on this but I'll find out if I'm standing on my own with no other Wealdstone fans there when we play them.

Regarding the decision made by their Board in the first place I actually think it's very funny. Placing a (metaphorical) noose around your neck and strangling the very life-blood (the fans) that keeps the Club going is a strange one. Whilst "gate" money is important, a lot of money from tertiary side activity (food, social club, beer, raffles, sponsorship interest etc etc is made from increased numbers not decreased numbers.

I'll go to the game but not their funeral!
s.k.khanna

Postby attic » Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:53 am

To be fair we were having this conversation last year about our own club. Mathematics were obviously done and a slight rise considered the right thing to do. Didn't go down very well amongst supporters though who justifiably felt a £15 walk up fee was pushing it a bit. Mind you how many of our fans are quite vocal in talking about price rises at other clubs yet will fail to get anywhere near value for money out of their own season tickets? Think its been clear down the years that season ticket holders are not at games and fairly regularly too.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Sun Jun 23, 2019 6:39 pm

TwoToneStone wrote:
deadly wrote:
Any other suggestions?

Go to the game, support the team and go home rather than getting in a state over a couple of quid?

Its not exactly getting in a state, its not a couple of quid and finally where does it end?

NLS clubs deciding to charge as much as League 2 sides is not clever and needs nipping in the bud.

Will I take a stand? Maybe I will?.
worruz

Postby TwoToneStone » Sun Jun 23, 2019 9:42 pm

It's gone up £3.00 from last year.
If St Albans want to boycott that's up to them they have 21 games there they have to pay to watch and might think its too much.
For Stones fans to boycott a ground they have to go to once a season for the sake of £3.00 I find strange.
TwoToneStone

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:01 am

TwoToneStone wrote:For Stones fans to boycott a ground they have to go to once a season for the sake of £3.00 I find strange.

The issue is not about £3 being beyond peoples spending power but its one of principal.

A club chairman that can't generate enough income to play at this level decides to place the burden on the fans of his own club plus all those that decide to travel to watch their own team.

Its lazy, its contemptible, its short sighted and just downright greedy.

Each to their own but by paying it you are party to a decision that is an insult to all football fans at this level.
The Guvnor

Postby worruz » Mon Jun 24, 2019 6:21 am

TwoToneStone wrote:ItFor Stones fans to boycott a ground they HAVE to go to.

That's the thing though.

You don't 'HAVE' to go.

Nobody does, whether they are home or away fans.

The sooner football clubs and footballing authorities realise that the better.

However, we're all too loyal to the game and our clubs to make the difference.

That's why we get the pee taken out of us.
worruz

Postby abuzza » Mon Jun 24, 2019 8:45 am

£18 to watch non league football is totally insane. I think £13 is really too much, but fully understand that clubs have to tread the tightrope between getting income and not putting people off. Bearing in mind how far I travel for matches the extra few quid is unlikely to put me off going to St Albans. But they're probably shooting themselves in the foot by discouraging casual / new supporters. If St Albans are top of the league at Christmas nobody will care, if not they'll find themselves playing in front of dwindling crowds. Seems like a gamble that is unlikely to pay off.
abuzza

Postby attic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 9:13 am

worruz wrote:
That's the thing though.

You don't 'HAVE' to go.

Nobody does, whether they are home or away fans.

The sooner football clubs and footballing authorities realise that the better.

However, we're all too loyal to the game and our clubs to make the difference.

That's why we get the pee taken out of us.

Indeed. Its a lot more difficult to simply give up on something that runs through your veins. However the real thing that gets me is when people complain about overpriced food and drink at football stadiums yet still buy it. There are plenty of alternative options if you are prepared to plan a little.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum