St Albans ticket price

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: St Albans ticket price

Postby attic » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:09 am

In fact I'm going to elaborate on the whole football being a business viewpoint. One of our forwards tweeted something along the lines of 'fans have to remember football is a business'. His opinion of course. However this whole train of thought doesn't really stand up to scrutiny does it?

How many businesses can continue to trade at a loss like a lot of clubs do???

If football was really a 'business', then being able to view top level football should be an open market like most other businesses are. SKY/Virgin offer you the premier league etc for £70+ a month. Grey IPTV sources can offer you the same for £10 a month, granted they are leeching off of other feeds. However, shouldn't they be allowed to film games and offer their own service? Oh of course not, because unlike most real businesses who are constantly fighting for customers, SKY etc more or less have their monopoly on the product. Yes they have to bid every so often but what about giving the customer a dynamic choice throughout the season?

Where the money men in football have got it right (for themselves) is realising they have a captive audience. Its not like a real business where you have to attract customers with decent prices and a good quality product. If any IT, motoring manufacturer or building company conducted themselves in the same manner as football does they would soon find themselves out of business.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby deadly » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:47 am

The Guvnor wrote:
TwoToneStone wrote:For Stones fans to boycott a ground they have to go to once a season for the sake of £3.00 I find strange.

The issue is not about £3 being beyond peoples spending power but its one of principal.

A club chairman that can't generate enough income to play at this level decides to place the burden on the fans of his own club plus all those that decide to travel to watch their own team.

Its lazy, its contemptible, its short sighted and just downright greedy.

Each to their own but by paying it you are party to a decision that is an insult to all football fans at this level.

This issue reminds me of the season after our non-promotion. When the club appealed the isthmian League decision, virtually every club voted against us. Wealdstone fans at the time were incensed, and organised a boycott of spending any money at away grounds. It was very successful at first, but naturally less so during matches when it was very cold.

The St Albans price increase is a different kettle of fish entirely, but it will be at the very least interesting to see how it affects their attendances.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby TwoToneStone » Tue Sep 03, 2019 10:26 am

The Guvnor wrote:Its clearly a massive piss take by them and one that should be met by an equally massive boycott by away and home fans for that matter.

However he won't be getting a penny off me.

Will be interesting to see how many we take there tonight after the general feeling around this game in the summer.
TwoToneStone

Postby worruz » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:09 pm

TwoToneStone wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:Its clearly a massive piss take by them and one that should be met by an equally massive boycott by away and home fans for that matter.

However he won't be getting a penny off me.

Will be interesting to see how many we take there tonight after the general feeling around this game in the summer.

If people change their mind then fair enough.

There's nothing wrong with that.

The price is still a nonsense though in my opinion.
worruz

Postby Blue Stone » Tue Sep 03, 2019 2:44 pm

I shall be boycotting the game from my sun bed in Santorini. Following on Twitter. UTS! :D
Blue Stone

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum