Fixtures 2019-2020

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Fixtures 2019-2020

Postby TalkinStone » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:35 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:
Away on non-league day too. Losing home games verses Woking/Torquay , no home game on non-league day and boxing day will have a large factor on average home gates.

Those 4 games probably accounted for 1,000 to 1,200 extra fans versus a normal gate so 50/60 off the average. Key is winning and attractive football, marketing the club properly and engaging with the youth.

I hope the more positive feel to the club since January can continue, it’s an important season following the instability of the past 18 months.
TalkinStone

Postby timfparks » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:10 pm

Elmslie Ender wrote:
worruz wrote:http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/fixtures/630491/2019-08

Dulwich away second match. Their first home game of the season. Should be a decent crowd even with the schools out.

Dulwich's gates before the summer holiday season ends are notoriously poor for them. Still holidaying in Tuscany. Midweek their gates tail off a lot as well.

Away on non-league day too. Losing home games verses Woking/Torquay , no home game on non-league day and boxing day will have a large factor on average home gates.

It’s true that we are away on a couple of the England euro qualifying dates, but on Saturday September 7 England face Bulgaria and we are at home to oxford City. Could be the biggest crowd we’ve ever had to watch Oxford since the 1960s
timfparks

Postby Elmslie Ender » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:41 am

timfparks wrote:
Elmslie Ender wrote:
worruz wrote:http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/match-info/fixtures/630491/2019-08

Dulwich away second match. Their first home game of the season. Should be a decent crowd even with the schools out.

Dulwich's gates before the summer holiday season ends are notoriously poor for them. Still holidaying in Tuscany. Midweek their gates tail off a lot as well.

It’s true that we are away on a couple of the England euro qualifying dates, but on Saturday September 7 England face Bulgaria and we are at home to oxford City. Could be the biggest crowd we’ve ever had to watch Oxford since the 1960s

I know GB wasn’t a fan either, but moving to Tuesday nights will also have an effect on gates. Whilst there aren’t a lot of midweek dates in this game, Monday nights avoided Champions League and you don’t normally get a decent PL match on a Monday either. Our drop off from Saturdays to Monday wasn’t huge at all and we attracted a lot of wandering NL types as well. It’s all revenue lost.
Elmslie Ender

Postby deadly » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:45 am

Against the argument that moving our midweek home games from Mondays to Tuesdays will have a negative effect on our gates, remember that last season we had one of the very worst home records of all teams in the National League South.
If our home results improve somewhat on last year (it could hardly get worse results-wise) then our gates overall will improve.

Attracting the local yoof and counting them correctly could also have a positive effect on our gates. :o :o :o

Deadly Devil's Advocate.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby FGW » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:34 am

Need to ensure that there is a good solid media campaign up and running promoting all our home games; + where appropriate additional activity targeting fans of the Prem/EFL teams leading up to the game...

We could also do with seeing the return of the WFC Youth/Juniors in numbers (I would let in the parents/guardians/siblings for FREE and make money from the sundries).

Of course, a winning side will go a long way to get punters thro the door.... :D
FGW

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:51 am

As mentioned performance and results is the biggest driver in keeping crowds up.

If we play anything like we did at home last season then I would expect to see a significant drop in attendances.

5 years in the NLS and we've been poor every year at home, that has to change because you can tolerate basic football if you're getting results but when its poor football, no entertainment and still getting beat then its a waste of everyones time.

I suspect we will see more expansive entertaining football which should see a big improvement in what we are watching at home although on the flip side you will need to adjust on the road.
The Guvnor

Postby s.k.khanna » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:23 am

timfparks wrote: It’s true that we are away on a couple of the England euro qualifying dates, but on Saturday September 7 England face Bulgaria and we are at home to oxford City. Could be the biggest crowd we’ve ever had to watch Oxford since the 1960s

The England/Bulgaria game (kick-off 5.00pm) is effectively a sell-out with only premium tickets available. If there was a way to bring the Wealdstone game kick-off a little earlier (2.00pm ?) and invite England fans with a ticket half-price admission, with a potential additional 90,000 fans on our doorstep, I'm sure there would be market to get people to both games (apart from me! :D )
s.k.khanna

Postby Stoney Ground » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:29 am

s.k.khanna wrote:
timfparks wrote: It’s true that we are away on a couple of the England euro qualifying dates, but on Saturday September 7 England face Bulgaria and we are at home to oxford City. Could be the biggest crowd we’ve ever had to watch Oxford since the 1960s

The England/Bulgaria game (kick-off 5.00pm) is effectively a sell-out with only premium tickets available. If there was a way to bring the Wealdstone game kick-off a little earlier (2.00pm ?) and invite England fans with a ticket half-price admission, with a potential additional 90,000 fans on our doorstep, I'm sure there would be market to get people to both games (apart from me! :D )

Good suggestion Khanna and plenty of time to put it in to practice, maybe 13.00 would be better allow a bit more travel time.

Though some of us will have to get up early for the game :shock:
Stoney Ground

Postby worruz » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:26 pm

Stoney Ground wrote:
s.k.khanna wrote:The England/Bulgaria game (kick-off 5.00pm) is effectively a sell-out with only premium tickets available. If there was a way to bring the Wealdstone game kick-off a little earlier (2.00pm ?) and invite England fans with a ticket half-price admission, with a potential additional 90,000 fans on our doorstep, I'm sure there would be market to get people to both games (apart from me! :D )

Good suggestion Khanna and plenty of time to put it in to practice, maybe 13.00 would be better allow a bit more travel time.

Though some of us will have to get up early for the game :shock:

We did this for a couple of games a few years ago and it seemed to work quite well. I did publicise it quite heavily on the old England members forum back then but hardly anyone uses that anymore.

To make it worthwhile you need to get the word out there that this would be happening, otherwise we'd be messing with our kick off time to get an extra few people in which wouldn't be worth it in my opinion.
worruz

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum