Stones V Colchester tomorrow

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones V Colchester tomorrow

Postby Stoney Ground » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:05 pm

worruz wrote:
hillsy wrote:
deadly wrote:What? No printer? oh man....are you living in the stone-age or what?

I'd suggest that the requirement to print, in the current digital age, is the stone-age way of doing things...

Mim must be fuming at this misuse of her name.

Anyway

I don't disagree with you but I much prefer to print things out. I'm all for the environment but if I'd paid for something I'd rather have it in my mitts.

For the Nations league in Portugal this year they had digital tickets on the phone. You had the option of a hard copy ticket for an extra 10 euros but I went with the ticket on my phone.

It went smoothly for me but several ahead of me in the queues had loads of problems.

Same as at airports. I always print my boarding pass. Don't risk it on my phone.

When your battery dies on the phone you’re knackered.
Stoney Ground

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:38 am

A quick mention of our on-line ticketing system. As suggested I turned up with the ticket on my phone. When I got to the turnstile there was no way of scanning it so a quick glance and "in you go". Deadly printed his out and at least it was taken off him to count/scan at a later date. As I had my phone scanned at Hitchin and we are using the same system as them I expected the same. Will we have the facility to scan e-tickets at the gate in the near future? It needs to be up and running before we get Liverpool at home in the FA Cup. (Tim's choice)
BillyByrneFan

Postby Wobs » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:05 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:A quick mention of our on-line ticketing system. As suggested I turned up with the ticket on my phone. When I got to the turnstile there was no way of scanning it so a quick glance and "in you go". Deadly printed his out and at least it was taken off him to count/scan at a later date. As I had my phone scanned at Hitchin and we are using the same system as them I expected the same. Will we have the facility to scan e-tickets at the gate in the near future? It needs to be up and running before we get Liverpool at home in the FA Cup. (Tim's choice)

We do indeed have a scanning device which was used towards the end of last season. Andrew (who kindly agreed to man a turnstile) has not had the intensive training session about how to use the scanner that Nick Symons, Mark Randall and I have had - hence the fact that he was checking rather than scanning.

Changing the subject now, Dave Hooper who sold programmes last night isn't around on Saturday for the Watford match - is there someone who could help out from say 2.15 through to k.o. ??

Wobs
Wobs

Postby attic » Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:19 pm

Another one for the sub-lieutenant committee of which needs to be formed and activated.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:08 pm

Wobs wrote:
BillyByrneFan wrote:A quick mention of our on-line ticketing system. As suggested I turned up with the ticket on my phone. When I got to the turnstile there was no way of scanning it so a quick glance and "in you go". Deadly printed his out and at least it was taken off him to count/scan at a later date. As I had my phone scanned at Hitchin and we are using the same system as them I expected the same. Will we have the facility to scan e-tickets at the gate in the near future? It needs to be up and running before we get Liverpool at home in the FA Cup. (Tim's choice)

We do indeed have a scanning device which was used towards the end of last season. Andrew (who kindly agreed to man a turnstile) has not had the intensive training session about how to use the scanner that Nick Symons, Mark Randall and I have had - hence the fact that he was checking rather than scanning.

Changing the subject now, Dave Hooper who sold programmes last night isn't around on Saturday for the Watford match - is there someone who could help out from say 2.15 through to k.o. ??

Wobs

Thanks Pete.
BillyByrneFan

Postby Stoneage » Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:21 pm

Wobs wrote:

Wobs

I can help Wobs.

Mim
Stoneage

Postby Wobs » Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:34 pm

Stoneage wrote:
Wobs wrote:

Wobs

I can help Wobs.

Mim

That's very kind of you Mim. Won't you be doing Golden Goals ??
Wobs

Postby Stoneage » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:51 pm

Wobs wrote:
Stoneage wrote:
Wobs wrote:

Wobs

I can help Wobs.

Mim

That's very kind of you Mim. Won't you be doing Golden Goals ??

No - have found in the past that it is not worth doing at friendlies.
Stoneage

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum