Chesham away 18.7.19

For all things Wealdstone FC

Chesham away 18.7.19

Postby attic » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:36 am

Definitely one for the Oyster Card and Real Ale brigade tonight. No idea whether its going to be our strongest team or a 'squad' game. DB did allude to giving a few players a bit more game time so we may get to see a different line up from that of which started Tuesday.

Weather supposed to be brightening up as the day goes on so a pleasant evening in Buckinghamshire awaits.....
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Re: Chesham away 18.7.19

Postby Stoneage » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:46 pm

KO now at 19:45
Stoneage

Postby breakspear stones » Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:39 pm

Losing 2-0 HT
breakspear stones

Postby breakspear stones » Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:55 pm

Lost 3-2 our goals scored by Watt & Clifford

I wasn’t at the game but been told not good enough was being shouted directed towards our bench , any truth in this ?

UTS
breakspear stones

Postby russpa » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:21 pm

As a player behind me on Tuesday said " There sure are not going to be any 0 v 0 games this season " Far too many goals conceded. We know this is how this manager plays with attacking football.
russpa

Postby West End Stone » Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:58 pm

If only we saw some attacking football tonight! That was rubbish and a waste of an evening. No pattern of play and too many no hopes on show. Is Gordon Bartlett secretly running the show again!!!!!

Answers Mr chairman please. Breakspear there was a few howls of disapproval from behind the bench.
West End Stone

Postby timfparks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:16 pm

Wasn’t there tonight but anybody forming conclusions now as to how effective this team can be - based on the evidence of three or four squad games - is clearly deluded.
This is a learning process; trying out players; trying out formations; assessing fitness.
I think we all know the starting XI bar one or two possibles and i’d expect the next three games to be a good indication of how we’ll set up when it all kicks off on August 3.
I reckon our defensive unit will be good enough to withstand NLS teams and the midfield creative and solid enough too. Up front is where it gets interesting. DB and SM have plenty of options and that will be the key to our chances in my opinion... if Mendy Mendy and Lewis Lewis catch fire we will take some stopping.
timfparks

Postby russpa » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:26 pm

Yes , now is time to let the ones who have not met the grade and trialists go. With 3 games to go time to get fitness to a peak which should be not too far away and a settled team. He has had a few games to assess the fringe players and who will be cover for first team positions.
Hope Northy shakes off his ankle niggle and gets the next 3 games in. He needs to be tip top and ready and sadly missed a few games lately. Ok DB n SM time to get your 18 or 19 settled now after tonight and wish the others all the best as they need to find clubs and get games in to impress.
We did have a lousy pre season starting with a couple of 2 v 8 hammerings v Chesham and Hemel several years back and started the season with a 4 v 1 win at Folkestone and 10 points from the first 12 so results mean little at present.
russpa

Postby attic » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:30 pm

That was pretty sub par for the first 60 minutes or so. I know we put out a mixed side but I expected a bit more to be honest. A few players may have sealed their fate tonight as DB looks to trim the squad down somewhat. First half particularly poor with Stones not bringing a single save out of their keeper and looking vulnerable at the back. 2-0 down a fair reflection. Didn't really learn a lot apart from the fact some of those players didn't look up to the standard required. Changes were made on around 60 minutes with Stones bringing on what should be starters and we finally got back into the game when Watt pounced from close range. We do look a bit open at the back and they scored from a corner with about ten to go. We grabbed a late consolation when Clifford fired home in style from 20 yards but final score 3-2 to Chesham.

No more trialists please. Wanna see our first team for the majority of the game from now on. Disagree Tim that we should be 'trying out formations'. Surely the manager has a preferred formation and pattern of play and should aim to perfect it???
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby timfparks » Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:32 pm

You’re right , not so much trying out formations but trying out combinations of players which is what I meant. For what it’s worth I expect us to start the season with:
Northy; Arnold, Okimo, Stevens, Sellars; Lewis, Smith, Clifford, Mendy Mendy; and Green playing just behind Lafayette up front. Efete, Cook, Coker, Beckes-Richards and Noel Williams on the bench providing plenty of options.
timfparks

Next

Return to stonesnet forum