For all things Wealdstone FC

Stones 0 Wycombe 1

Postby worruz » Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:48 pm

Cant comment.

Wasn’t there.
worruz

Re: Stones 0 Wycombe 1

Postby russpa » Tue Jul 23, 2019 9:54 pm

Most worrying pre season thing is Northy not having hardly any games...
russpa

Postby attic » Tue Jul 23, 2019 10:23 pm

Whilst North was missing again, the understudy actually looked half decent. Kicked well, caught a few crosses, was quick off his line and managed a double penalty save. At the very least we know we have someone who looks fairly solid to fall back on. As for the game, not bad at all from Wealdstone. Got caught out a bit for the goal early on but put Wycombe under plenty of pressure and should have levelled before the break. Both sides missed chances in the second half. We look fairly solid all over but think we're struggling a bit down the left hand side. Both Sellers and Mendy need to show a lot more than they have done the last two games if they are to remain in the team. Clearly a little short up front too although this is something that DB has acknowledged is the prime area for improving. Fairly healthy crowd of 460 including a decent turn out from Wycombe fans.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:29 am

Team looked a bit "Stodgy" for me last night... Stodgy charlie ? .....Maybe need one of Bobby Wilkinson s training camps.

Right back a problem first half always passing to the oppo... keeper at fault with poor kick to give them the goal, there after did well.

Plenty of corners first 45 with no end result, Mind you up against a good defence.

We need our famous Five ex Billericay stars to turn it on.

KTF.
charlie

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:41 pm

Good game against a squad 3 levels above us and we rarely looked out of our depth. I thought last season's under 18 keeper, Joe Ringer did a great job and looked confident despite conceding an early goal. I thought Dylan Patterson would have been given game time though considering all the outfield players came on at some point. Who if anyone will start up front with Lafayette? From what I've seen Lewis blows hot and cold, Dejon looks far from mustard and Beckles-Richards hasn't caught my eye. We are at least carving out chances, we just need someone to put them away. Sounds familiar! Pre-season just gives us a glimpse into the squad's ability and the true test comes when it gets serious. Reece Tyler looked awful in pre-season last year but bar the injury problems he turned out a good acquisition.
BillyByrneFan

Return to stonesnet forum