Page 1 of 2

Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 4:04 pm
by FGW
Special 'fans' rates

Match (x4) @ £345

Kit Donation @ £175 (Home or Away) or £250 for both

Match Ball (x2) @ £180

More info at:- https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/fans ... s-packages

Form an orderly queue... :)

Re: Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:17 pm
by Ally
Kit sponsorship has gone up £10 in a week! It was £165 last Saturday.

Re: Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:33 pm
by worruz
Ok, I'm going to get stick for this.

I know its a fund raiser but are those hospitality prices a bit excessive?

£345 for 4 people for match sponsorship - approx. £85 per person.
£180 for 2 people for ball donor - £90 per person.

Those are fans rates so I presume its more for companies?

I'm sure its a great experience but its a bit much for me for 1 days entertainment at Wealdstone.

Anyone I hope it all sells out every game.

Re: Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:39 pm
by warren
Ally wrote:Kit sponsorship has gone up £10 in a week! It was £165 last Saturday.


still is you get £10 to spend in the club shop

Re: Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 5:59 pm
by Elmslie Ender
I think if you are a corporate entity, vat is added to the cost. If individuals the cost is vat inclusive.

I maybe not recollecting correctly, but wasn’t shirt sponsorship £130 and match £295 last season? That’s a pretty hefty jump. As for the shirt, at least give a signed shirt to the sponsor at the end of the season or two year stint assuming the sponsor has had the same player for two years.

Btw I have already sponsored my player for the season but will think again about doing a game.

Re: Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:15 pm
by breakspear stones
Don’t forget if you sponsor a game the man of the match award has to be given to a Wealdstone player no matter what the score is in the game

Re: Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:51 pm
by BornundertheElmslie
Elmslie Ender wrote:I think if you are a corporate entity, vat is added to the cost. If individuals the cost is vat inclusive.

I maybe not recollecting correctly, but wasn’t shirt sponsorship £130 and match £295 last season? That’s a pretty hefty jump. As for the shirt, at least give a signed shirt to the sponsor at the end of the season or two year stint assuming the sponsor has had the same player for two years.

Btw I have already sponsored my player for the season but will think again about doing a game.


It was £295 for fans last season but £395 + VAT for corporates, £100 difference (+ VAT). https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/match

IF the same logic has been applied this season then we're looking at £445 + VAT for corporates (or £534 all in). That equates to £111.25 per person + VAT or £133.50 all in. Which quite frankly is bloody nonsense for our facilities and NLS football.

In fact, so is £98.75 per person + VAT (£118.50 all in) which we charged last year. Looking at the list of match day sponsors last year, its no surprise therefore that only 3 companies - that aren't owned by board members or our groundsman - actually sponsored a match. Corporates aren't charities and know what value for money looks like..

Re: Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 8:26 am
by FGW
My personal view:

A bit on the steep side for the average fan... :shock:

Re: Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:25 pm
by Stoneage
FGW wrote:My personal view:

A bit on the steep side for the average fan... :shock:


Agree.

Re: Sponsorship Opportunities 2019/20

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 12:35 pm
by FGW
The Club are urgently looking for a match sponsor v Chelmsford City (Tue 4/2) & Dorking Wanderers (Sat 22/2).

along with

Match Ball donors for Bath City (Sat 25/1) and Chelmsford City (Tue 4/2)

Contact Paul Rumens - Wealdstone FC Club President - M07710 929692