WFC 2 V 0 BRENTFORD B

For all things Wealdstone FC

WFC 2 V 0 BRENTFORD B

Postby russpa » Sat Jul 27, 2019 4:22 pm

Lafayette with 2 a left foot drive from cutting in and through left of area 1st half and on the end of a cross in the 2nd half poked and crept inside post.

Brentford offered little i can not remember our young keeper making a save. Danny Green worked hard Stevens and Okimo solid at the back and our new right back from Aldershot sorry i do not remember his name but he had an excellent 2nd half sliding in winning tackles. Middle of the park and wing play seems still in progress and someone to play off Lafayette who does hold up a ball well.

Looks like few still have niggles and knocks and some still need game time but that is pre season done. North hopefully fit in a couple of weeks and Dartford have key players out so next sat could be like normal and our Dartford home games, always very close..They ended their pre season with a 4 v 3 win at Leatherhead
russpa

Re: WFC 2 V 0 BRENTFORD B

Postby attic » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:43 pm

So a fairly decent, progressive pre season under DB. Dare I say we've around 8-9 definite starters for next Saturday. Just a question of who plays in goal, who plays left back and who gets that position on the wing.

Arnold, Okimo, Stevens, Clifford, Green, Shepherd, Smith, Lafeyette are our probable 'must starts' at present.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:07 am

Not sure about Shepherd, he didn't start yesterday and didn't even get on and one week before the first game that tells you where you stand. We've been hearing that North will be back next week for 3 weeks now so I'm a bit concerned about that. Hopefully he's just being protected but of course he's had very little game time pre season so not an ideal situation all round. Didn't go yesterday but its no secret we need someone to help out Lafayette, Williams, Mendy and Richards are all either not good enough or not ready so DB has decisions to make around them. From what I've seen Mendy has what it takes but he just needs to adjust to the higher level and think a yard quicker and he should be ok. Lewis seems to have been on the bench a lot but he does makes things happen and I think we need his speed and directness especially as we are struggling to find a partner for Lafayette. I'm assuming Michael Phillips has signed as he was named yesterday and played most of the game so he should be a starter next week. 2 announcements today apparently so Phillips should be one. One week to go and we are definitely a work in progress but thats to be expected with so many new faces in the squad.
The Guvnor

Postby charlie » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:12 am

Think right in saying both Jake Shepperd and Ryan Sellars work for our chairman, so both will feature regularly.

This squad has far more potential than some of Bobby Wilkinson s early doors signings.

Exciting times ahead... Just take one view of the terraces for example on that centre forward position . You only have to watch to see the difference.

Northy ankle has been a problem.. but hopeful/positive in his words ..of starting against Dartford.
charlie

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Jul 28, 2019 10:41 am

charlie wrote:Think right in saying both Jake Shepperd and Ryan Sellars work for our chairman, so both will feature regularly.

I'm sure DB would walk away if the chairman tried to dictate who plays. Pretty certain both won't start next Saturday as they would have started yesterday. I like Shepherd but he probably needs to calm down a bit on the pitch or the manager will see him as unreliable. As DB stated last week he has 3 full backs battling for the 2 spots and rather than any of them really staking a claim, its the poor form of Sellars that has probably made the decision for him.
The Guvnor

Postby BillyByrneFan » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:24 am

I think the Sellars situation is down to him not quite recovering from the injury he's had since he rejoined, rather than it being down to poor form. He seemed to have a slight limp when the subs made their way to the tunnel yesterday, it could have just been stiffness from sitting on the bench. There is a lot of players vying for a couple of MF places, especially when Green, Clifford and Smith seem to be starters and Phillips came into the mix. Sheppard now seems to be an also ran along with lots others but he started last season like that but look how he came good for that final push and play-offs. The keeper situation is very worrying. Do we bring in a short term experienced player who has no understanding with the defence, risk Northy, who's had no game time or put in one of the kids who have little/no experience at our level?
BillyByrneFan

Postby Tonyd » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:40 am

Michael Philips signing has been announced on twitter
Tonyd

Return to stonesnet forum