Forthcoming Anniversary

For all things Wealdstone FC

Forthcoming Anniversary

Postby s.k.khanna » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:08 pm

On Saturday 14 August 1999, at Edgware’s White Lion Ground, Wealdstone played Harlow Town in a Ryman League Division One match and beat them 3-1.
On the same day the Wealdstone CD “Sticks and STONES” was made available to the public so it will shortly be celebrating the 20th Anniversary of it's release.

In amongst the Quiz Nights, Race Nights, Sponsored Walks and other stuff going on at the time to keep the club afloat, it was designed as a fund-raiser for Wealdstone’s impending move to the Prince Edward Playing Fields which of course sadly never happened. It featured mostly Wealdstone Supporters who were in bands at the time and who provided an eclectic mix of musical genres to create the music compilation. A lot of those fans still come to games today. What started out as a fun fund raising project, over the years it went on to spawn 5 StonesAid gigs, a mention in the Times and I got interviewed on Bradford Radio no less.

For the record (no pun intended) 1000 copies of the CD were pressed in a standard format. A further 100 copies were pressed as a Special Collector’s Item Numbered Edition numerically sequenced on the rim from 1 to 100 which were all snapped up within 3 days of release. What isn’t known is that the manufacturers actually made a cock-up with the original numbered editions and instead of sending in the numbered batch they sent in a batch of “Promotional Copy Not For Resale” editions which were supposed to be returned but never were.

A few of these were distributed as promos to The Harrow Observer, Non-League Paper and others at the time. The rest, well instead of collecting dust in my loft, these special promo CD’s will be given away free to the first 100 purchasers of the programme on the night of Tuesday 13 August 2019 when we will be playing Chippenham Town. I would prefer it if they went to Wealdstone Fans and so this Forum is the only place where this is being advertised.

If you wish to have one of these editions you can reserve it in advance with me. It will cost you nothing but you will have to buy a programme on the night. Obviously the CD’s remain as they were sent to us way back when but to re-create that Special Numbered Edition feel they will be distributed in a limited to 100 sequentially “Numbered Sleeve” and will be personalised with your name on the back of a Wealdstone shirt (on the back cover) to give it that unique feel.
If you wish to have one, and have it personalised with a name for you, please email me at s.k.khanna@ntlworld.com saying you would like a free CD. Please also quote what number you would like (from 1 to 100) and what name (limited to 20 characters) you would like to have personalised on the back.
NOTE: Numbers currently NOT available are 1 to 14, 16, 22, 23, 26, 28, 42, 51, 56, 62, 64, 66, 79, 80, 85, 87, 90, 93, 96, 99 & 100.

If you request a CD but don't quote a number or name you will receive a random number and the shirt on the back will remain blank. One per person and it’s first come first serve. Your requested number might be gone before you reply so please provide alternatives just in case. Once they are gone they are gone.

Once all the numbered editions are gone you will receive a free regular edition of the cd if you want one with your programme on the night.

Thank you for listening…
S.Khanna
s.k.khanna

Re: Forthcoming Anniversary

Postby contents may settle » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:37 am

As part of this Sticks & Stones promo we will be running an article in the Chippenham programme.
If anyone has any pics from that first Stones Aid can they please forward them to wfcprogramme@googlemail.com
Send me some content you oafs.....
wfcprogramme@googlemail.com
contents may settle

Re: Forthcoming Anniversary

Postby s.k.khanna » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:05 pm

Numbers 15, 25, 55, 57 & 71 have now gone.
s.k.khanna

Return to stonesnet forum