Dartford (H) - 3 Aug

For all things Wealdstone FC

Dartford (H) - 3 Aug

Postby FGW » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:14 am

It all starts this Saturday when the 'Darts visit The Vale, ko 3pm

With Fulham away at Barnsley and QPR at Stoke will we attract the locals looking for a game of football?

Match day info on the website - https://www.wealdstone-fc.com/post/dart ... me-details

I've no idea of starting 11 or who the subs will be as I have not seen any pre-season games :shock:

Footnote: The Club are still looking for a Match Sponsor + Match Ball Donation for this game :o
FGW

Re: Dartford (H) - 3 Aug

Postby timfparks » Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:50 pm

Dartford are not in good shape ahead of the big kick off on Saturday.

https://www.kentonline.co.uk/dartford/s ... wn-209575/

But they will have that ‘us against the world’ mentality and we never do well against the Darts at home. Sadly I can’t be there (in Menorca on holiday) and TBH I’ll be happy with a draw. While hoping for a flying start obvs!
timfparks

Postby attic » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:18 pm

All seems a bit low key and quiet this time around (It usually takes a few bad defeats to liven the place up anyway!) Hopefully this season will not see the '1 defeat away from disaster' mentality that has seemed rife during the past few seasons and that there will be a bit more enthusiasm and unity on the terraces. Our record against Dartford at home isn't that bad is it? In fact I can only recall one defeat in the past few encounters. We had that late defeat where they scored two headers inside the 6 yard box but struggling to think of another. Clearly a few selection issues for DB to ponder although I'd say he probably has 8 guaranteed starters in mind. Opening day crowds are usually a bit low and the ridiculously early start this season will be no exception. Think we'll do well to hit 700 if you ask me.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby charlie » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:49 am

Last seasons first game programme notes started with the headline...."Dawning of a new era".

After the board unceremoniously ditched Peter Marsden and ultimately BW. We revert back to that headline above.

Will it be a golden Era ? .. Sure the squad will all tucking into a "Flying Start" breakfast.

No pressure.. has to be a win !
charlie

Postby BKK » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:36 am

Lots of people going to be away this early in August (including me) so agree with Attic, would be surprised if we break the 700 mark with lower add- in S/T’s a factor. Good luck to the boys in any event
Cynicism and negativity is an easy and popular trait that is fed by failure. Success derives from someone, somewhere, being positive. Try it.
BKK

Postby worruz » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:11 pm

attic wrote:All seems a bit low key and quiet this time around (It usually takes a few bad defeats to liven the place up anyway!) Hopefully this season will not see the '1 defeat away from disaster' mentality that has seemed rife during the past few seasons and that there will be a bit more enthusiasm and unity on the terraces. Our record against Dartford at home isn't that bad is it? In fact I can only recall one defeat in the past few encounters. We had that late defeat where they scored two headers inside the 6 yard box but struggling to think of another. Clearly a few selection issues for DB to ponder although I'd say he probably has 8 guaranteed starters in mind. Opening day crowds are usually a bit low and the ridiculously early start this season will be no exception. Think we'll do well to hit 700 if you ask me.

Pleased I’m not the only one who thinks it’s an early start to a season.

I booked something for this Saturday a while ago thinking it would be my last free weekend for a few months.
I’ll miss this Saturday as well unfortunately
worruz

Postby timfparks » Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:58 pm

It’s beyond barmy a) starting so early in August and b) squeezing eight games into the month.
I know there is a chance for Cup replays but we will have at least a month of free midweeks after the insane early glut of games when so many people are on holiday. Do none of the ruling autocrats have kids? Are they not aware of school holidays? It annoys me every year since we got promoted and the only question is how early the matches can possibly start. End of July in three years time?
timfparks

Postby 61663 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:57 pm

BKK wrote:....would be surprised if we break the 700 mark with lower add- in S/T’s a factor ....

How many STs have actually been sold for 2019-2020?

If less than 2018-19 - coupled to this year’s loss of more attractive ‘big names’ (Woking / Torquay) who had a good away following (as already highlighted) - will mean we need consistent good home performances to compensate for potential decrease in this season’s average attendance.

Postby kit man » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:38 am

Season starts the first Saturday in August and has done for the last three years.
kit man

Postby The Guvnor » Fri Aug 02, 2019 9:31 am

I suppose the way around it is to holiday where we are playing. You can't beat a couple of weeks in Braintree at this time of year.

At the end of the day those that care will be there.

My season ticket will have me there but not in person so its the Twitter experience tomorrow.

Will be interesting to see how we pan out, another new era and one thats a bit more low key and from what I've seen we should see a bit more attacking threat and hopefully we can sort out our home form after 5 years of utter dross.

UTS
The Guvnor

Next

Return to stonesnet forum