Stones 4 Dartford 1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 4 Dartford 1

Postby Dave Reader » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:06 am

Great win in the end. Credit to the manager for the changes he made. I would imagine there are still one or two places in the side he is not sure about so there could be a little chop and change until the side settles Down. Would like to see us start with Mendy- Mendy (really ?) and Lewis on Tuesday .........UTS
Dave Reader

Postby russpa » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:47 am

It was very warm on Saturday giving the players a pat on the back for their efforts they were caked in sweat they put a lot of effort in and glad for a lay down during warm down period. Can not fault commitment and yes they looked tired some what after 65 mins but new legs with Subs changed the game. A few of these have not had the longest of pre season and will only get fitter n faster. With a game just 72 hours later it will be tough but Dulwich played 75 mins on Sat with 10 men so they will be exhausted i imagine..
New keeper looked nervous to start a drop and a fumble but grew into the game and made 2 fine saves to keep us at 1 v 1. Our 7 worked hard and will only get fitter he will be a great a player he reads the game well and gets in a tackle. We have pace on both sides now. The midfield generals will need to be at their best to win balls and now we have wide optiins we can hurt teams. If we keep the goals down against as they have over last few games we are going to make it uncomfortable for many sides this season. Nick Arnold also reads game well just to do bssics and he gets forward too.
russpa

Postby TalkinStone » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:37 am

A great start but as people say, we shouldn’t be getting carried away. We won 4-1 on the opening day last season with Pratt scoring too but this does feel like a more impressive result.

BW sustained a play off challenge with some excellent away form, DB will need to pick up away points too as he’ll soon realise how much we love an away day at the Stores.

Good to see StonesGoalsLive back and a healthy crowd. Squad feels too big with lots of players to keep happy so I expect some loans or dual registrations soon. North, Kettering, Cook, Dejon, Sellars and Saunders all not involved yesterday (2 being injured).

Maybe the board are being lenient in the early weeks with so many games. Let’s hope we don’t see the sane mistakes of last season.

Big game on Tuesday, shame it’s not a Saturday.

UTS
TalkinStone

Postby attic » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:43 am

I believe Dartford were far better opponents than Weston were. They were pretty much blowing out of their backsides after 10 minutes. No surprise they ended up going down either. Our reality check came at Hungerford a few days later where we faced a very limited but fit and organised side and could only manage a draw. Am interested to see how this team matures over the next few months. A few players will not have the impact expected where as others will surprise everyone. That's how it usually goes.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Enfield Stones » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:24 pm

I am just happy we have Jefferson Louis back!!.......oooops sorry Ross Lafayette in the team, strong, quite pacy and knows where the onion bag is. Oh and he took his penalty very well.
Jeff had not been replaced and that is the type of forward you need in this league, I might have mentioned this once or twice in recent years!!
I just luv watching that type of centre forward

Jez(slept well last night!)
Enfield Stones

Postby attic » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:25 pm

Enfield Stones wrote:I am just happy we have Jefferson Louis back!!.......oooops sorry Ross Lafayette in the team, strong, quite pacy and knows where the onion bag is. Oh and he took his penalty very well.
Jeff had not been replaced and that is the type of forward you need in this league, I might have mentioned this once or twice in recent years!!
I just luv watching that type of centre forward

Jez(slept well last night!)

Anthony Thomas!
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:16 pm

attic wrote:I just luv watching that type of centre forward

What about the headless chicken type ?
The Guvnor

Postby attic » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:32 pm

The Guvnor wrote:

Appears he scored a perfectly good goal for Chippenham yesterday that was disallowed.
attic

Postby paul reader » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:05 pm

I wasn't there but an then you read a lovely essay its already started don't you just love the Stones forum UTS
paul reader

Postby Ronnie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:45 pm

attic wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:

Appears he scored a perfectly good goal for Chippenham yesterday that was disallowed.

A bit early in the season for this utter nonsense
Ronnie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum