Stones 4 Dartford 1

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 4 Dartford 1

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:29 pm

In the end, great win.

This is what I thought I saw -

1. Lafayette - probably as good a striker as you will find at this level - our budget or higher. Big enough, feisty enough plus touch and vision. A brace of goals. Two clear steps up from Pratt. The fact that now full-time moneybags Dulwich are playing Monakana and Smith (who are still admittedly decent), gives me that sort of assurance.
2. Northy watching on in his flip flops. New keeper Oxborough very good and I dare say we would not have lost at Woking in the SF with that kind of replacement. Northy has his work cut out to start but would probably still shade it - at the moment.
3. Pace, pace and more pace. Subs Love Island man and Mendy-Mendy at least as good as the starters and against tired Dartford legs made the difference in outpacing/breaking a physical Dartford down.
4. The Sheppard - still looking like he wants to kill someone/beefy and dealt with the Dartford counter when he came on. Prefer him over Clifford on what I saw, especially with Clifford blowing early on - needing more fitness. Shepps - as well as being a total nightmare to play against, he can also strike (remember Bath in the QF).
5. DB called the subs and the timing of them, spot on. Yeah, there seems to be a lot of players/squad hanging about but we'll need a decent squad to challenge - it's always the case. Any immediate pruning needs care then with the glut of games to come - August.
6. Dartford no mugs (particularly their no. 10) and this felt a better result than WSM 2018/19. Time will tell of course.
7. Watching - you realise just how good Poku actually was in clearing up/redistribution.
8. The board/management team have done an excellent job pulling this MT/squad together since letting BW go - in the time available.
9. In summary and on first sight only - Wealdstone will challenge again this season if DB continues to choose the right hand from his deck. If there is an area of concern at the mo - its midfield defensively.
10. P.s. Greeny - need to make better use of him.

Nothing to fear Tues at Dulwich. Monster game.
Royal Blue

Postby Not Happy » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:09 pm

Poku was always going to be a hard act to follow even if Mr Armchair doesn't rate him that highly. He wanted to stay at Wealdstone but of course money talks.
Not Happy

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:34 pm

attic wrote:
The Guvnor wrote:
attic wrote:I just luv watching that type of centre forward

What about the headless chicken type ?

Appears he scored a perfectly good goal for Chippenham yesterday that was disallowed.

No he didn’t the person who headed it across goal to him was offside.
Stoney Ground

Postby Royal Blue » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:50 pm

Not Happy wrote:Poku was always going to be a hard act to follow even if Mr Armchair doesn't rate him that highly. He wanted to stay at Wealdstone but of course money talks.

Indeed. If Poku can get £1k week (or thereabouts) for 40 weeks then despite not wanting national travel he too has bills to pay and a life to manage - and must take it as careers are short. He’s worth it anyway. This is why I say the MT (it would appear) have got some value this time around. Who will be the shouty and talented midfield leader to step up?
Royal Blue

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum