Weymouth away

For all things Wealdstone FC

Weymouth away

Postby Dave Reader » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:15 pm

I have requested a price for a 40 seater coach to Weymouth. If price is reasonable and we have enough interest I might and I stress might organise as a one off with supporters club guidance for Weymouth. When I get a price I will gauge if there is enough interest and go from there. This is not a definite and NO I'm not going to become the new travel secretary. Watch this space
Dave Reader

Re: Weymouth away

Postby The Guvnor » Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:22 pm

Why are individuals having to come up with these ideas when we have a supporters club ?
The Guvnor

Postby charlie » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:41 pm

So we are winning on the pitch but off it... its relegation.

No Travel secretary. No Official photographer. No match and ball sponsors. Judging by the start of Saturdays match the players came on the pitch with no PA
announcements no team news Total Silence.

We need a technical Director.. and a miracle.
charlie

Postby worruz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:45 pm

charlie wrote: Judging by the start of Saturdays match the players came on the pitch with no PA

People used to moan when I played 'Wealdstone til I die'

'And the public gets what the public wants'.
worruz

Postby attic » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:22 pm

Club definitely very short of volunteers at present. Saturday was a particularly low ebb with a number of people away on holiday. To be fair Guvnor, independent coaches have ran before with or without a SC service being provided.

Are these positions becoming harder to fill as the generation which kept the club afloat in the dark days grows weary???
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Wobs » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:37 pm

charlie wrote:So we are winning on the pitch but off it... its relegation.

No Travel secretary. No Official photographer. No match and ball sponsors. Judging by the start of Saturdays match the players came on the pitch with no PA

We need a technical Director.. and a miracle.

Why not volunteer Charlie to help out in some way? Just a small amount would help the club. Even a 2nd person perhaps helping Mim sell the Golden Goals tickets. Back in the old days at Lower Mead (when our crowds weren't so very different to what they are now) we used to have 3 or 4 people selling raffle tickets - now it's just Mim on her tod.

Away travel has always been run by a volunteer. It's not a paid role is it? And before you suggest that i do it, I did a 4 year stint running coaches to virtually every game back in the early 80's when I took over from the legendary Barbara Robson.

Hopefully, someone will step forward and take up organising coach travel - but if no one does then I don't really see the point of bleating on about it on our Forum.
Wobs

Postby Whatmough » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:02 pm

Dave Reader wrote:I have requested a price for a 40 seater coach to Weymouth. If price is reasonable and we have enough interest I might and I stress might organise as a one off with supporters club guidance for Weymouth. When I get a price I will gauge if there is enough interest and go from there. This is not a definite and NO I'm not going to become the new travel secretary. Watch this space

Thanks Dave, I will DM you, Mark
Whatmough

Postby Whatmough » Sun Aug 04, 2019 9:29 pm

The Guvnor wrote:Why are individuals having to come up with these ideas when we have a supporters club ?

The simple answer to this Guvnor is that the supporters club are maxed out with current commitments at the club. We have asked for help on this but as yet, no one has come forward to take this on board either on a regular or one of basis. Of course travel is important and it has always been run as a cost neutral service. Most people could make other plans but there will be a section of support who want of a better word rely on coach travel to get to away games.

People have full time employment, families and other commitments in addition to the free time they give to the club. We have a great group of volunteers at this club but they can't do everything for ever. We need more people to do less rather than fewer people doing more. We could employ people to do tasks around the club and whether we should or not is a question for another time but every £1 spend is a £1 straight out of the playing budget.
Whatmough

Postby Pieface » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:05 am

Need mel and his legendary coaches.
Pieface

Postby The Guvnor » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:23 am

If the supporters club can't do this then there is probably an opening for someone to run a private venture. I doubt it will cater for all tastes but there is definitely a market for the type of fan who arrives 3/4 hours before kick off and then utilises the time by sitting in a Weatherspoons. As mentioned by Mr Pie Face a Northolt Mel type arrangement will work I'm sure.
The Guvnor

Next

Return to stonesnet forum