Dulwich on Tuesday

For all things Wealdstone FC

Dulwich on Tuesday

Postby russpa » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:08 pm

A fairly simple trip on the tube n local trains from London bridge with the station slap bang next to the ground. I believe 2153 back to London Bridge after the game so perfect timing with end of the match.You can buy tickets on the Website of Dulwich also pay buy card on the gate which is kinda nice. App nice new catering inside.

Nice forecast of Sunny a little cloud and 21c for Tuesday evening.

Should easily be a good 4 figure gate and the bookies have them just Favourites at 11/8 with WFC around 6/4.

We went to Hungerford on a dire pitch and a lacklusture 1 v 1draw on our first midweek trip last term. This should be a lot harder with Dulwich signing several good payers who would command a decent wage in the off season.

They got past newly promoted Tonbridge away on Saturday 2 v 1 with 75 mins of the game they were down to 10 after an app awful tackle earned a player a straight red. Then made easier midway in 2nd half after Tonbridge lost their keeper to a red and a penalty. For that Penalty and the 30 remaiming minutes an outfield player went in goal and had not one shot to save after the penalty.

On a hot day it would have been real hard work with 10 men. They have a solid hard grafting midfield and a prolific striker but we have serious pace out wide.
Could be a great game and good atmosphere.

They as yet have failed to keep a clean sheet all pre season and carried that on to their first game.

Will be seeing Christian Smith and Jeffery Monakana, playing sadly against us.
Last edited by russpa on Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
russpa

Re: Dulwich on Tuesday

Postby worruz » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:28 pm

russpa wrote:A fairly simple trip on the tube n local trains from London bridge

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
worruz

Postby attic » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:27 pm

worruz wrote:
russpa wrote:A fairly simple trip on the tube n local trains from London bridge

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Am amazed Russpa takes his Chiltern train as far as Birmingham. Would have thought the Waterloo and City line would be right up his alley :)
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Royal Blue » Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:36 pm

Massive game, maybe 3000+ in attendance under the lights and first away game for the new attack attack attack regime. Title decider? Who knows.. But after last season we do know that in the final reckoning, every point, every goal counts.
Royal Blue

Postby Elmslie Ender » Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:10 am

Be surprised if the crowd gets much over 1,500. It’s holidays season and midweek; traditionally Dukwich’s gates are much lower midweek than Saturdays and also in the holiday season.
Elmslie Ender

Postby deadly » Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:43 am

russpa wrote:A fairly simple trip on the tube n local trains from London bridge with the station slap bang next to the ground. I believe 2153 back to London Bridge after the game so perfect timing with end of the match.You can buy tickets on the Website of Dulwich also pay buy card on the gate which is kinda nice. App nice new catering inside.

...My browser security suggests that the website used by Dulwich is not secure so caution is advised. Perhaps contactless at the gate is the way to go. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The station next to the ground is East Dulwich & indeed is an easy (though very slow) trip from London Bridge Station.
London Bridge Station itself has been vastly increased in size by opening up the undercroft area and can be quite disorientating.

If you have time before the game, a local pub which also does food very near the station is the Cherry Tree pub. Turn right out the station and cross the road. It has sky sports and apparently a wide range of beers and lagers. It normally caters for Rugger types but fortunately not on Tuesday night.

https://www.thecherrytreedulwich.co.uk/

The pub address is:
31-33,
Grove Vale,
Dulwich,
London,
SE22 8EQ
…so obviously a home from home for all Wealdstone fans. :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby worruz » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:03 pm

deadly wrote:The station next to the ground is East Dulwich & indeed is an easy (though very slow) trip from London Bridge Station.

It's only a 15 minute journey????

I may go via Victoria to Denmark Hill. A further walk once you get off but easier for me coming from S. Kensington after work.
worruz

Postby deadly » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:52 pm

worruz wrote:
deadly wrote:The station next to the ground is East Dulwich & indeed is an easy (though very slow) trip from London Bridge Station.

It's only a 15 minute journey????

I may go via Victoria to Denmark Hill. A further walk once you get off but easier for me coming from S. Kensington after work.

Indeed, it is only about a 15 minute journey but many will be going to the match straight after work in the rush hour and it may seem a lot longer when everyone is crammed in like sardines. :o

Going via Victoria to Denmark Hill may well be the easier option, also some may prefer going say from Harrow & Wealdstone Southern service via Clapham Junction then via London Overground to Champion Hill.

If going via Denmark Hill Station then the pub of choice for many Stones fans is the Phoenix Pub, located in the stations original Victorian booking hall.
https://www.thephoenixwindsorwalk.co.uk/#
For Weatherspoon's fans one of their cavernous bars is about 8 minutes walk away..
Fox On The Hill:
https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all- ... camberwell
..and you can walk from there to the ground via Champions Hill

...text edited for all my pedantic friends. :lol: :lol: :lol:

FootballGroundsGuide:
https://www.footballgroundguide.com/lea ... #aby-train
Last edited by deadly on Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby megaphone » Mon Aug 05, 2019 3:47 pm

If going via Champion Hill Station 

New one on me, don't think it exists Deadly
megaphone

Postby Stoney Ground » Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:01 pm

megaphone wrote:If going via Champion Hill Station 

New one on me, don't think it exists Deadly

I think he’s had a bump on the head I blame Matt Saunders. :shock: :lol:
Stoney Ground