Hamlet 1 Stones 0

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Hamlet 1 Stones 0

Postby Royal Blue » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:13 am

We deserved a point. Would have got it too but for an excellent defensive display from the Dulwich giants. They countered with a fair few Monakana mazy runs but only nicked it from a set-piece - again probably from a very tall person. So, a goal behind in the 2nd half it was going to be difficult - and it proved so. We searched but couldn't find the killer pass through the middle, looking most likely to score from getting to the byline. As others have mentioned - surprised to see same starting line-up and we are not getting value out of Green (about 25%) out on the right and Lewis looks a slippery handful when he comes on. Clifford had a better game but that wouldn't have been difficult. Dulwich much improved on last year and will do well this season.

Disappointed of course but it's a bit of tinkering that is all, ball just didn't quite fall for us last night. Starting 11 - I do hope choosing the right weaponry based on evidence/performance is going to be DB's approach, not the loyalty method previously seen because we know how important it is to get in front in this league.
Royal Blue

Postby charlie » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:30 am

Everyone drinking pints inside the ground , Several sale points inside the ground for beer/larger.... Why not at The Vale ?... £££££.

More questions for the club ???... along with No official Smudger etc etc etc.

You asked the question Why have Dulwich increased the crowds by so much?.. Observe last night for some answers
charlie

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:43 am

Now that I'm up and about I've just remembered another irritation last night - right footed left backs. Does my head in.

I can just about tolerate it if they do actually use their left foot from time to time but when you have a player who is getting into positions to whip the ball in but then fiddles about trying to get it onto his right foot the chance is gone. It has to come in early.

I also remembered Sanchez Watt in the clear light of day but I don't want to be accused of moaning so someone else can do it.
The Guvnor

Postby HammeredWasp » Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:56 am

Our new keeper caught out again for the goal, and Arnold was very poor. Playing pretty 'Arsenal' football in front of goal, when we should be shooting.
Other than that, I thought we were as good as Hamlet.
HammeredWasp

Postby attic » Wed Aug 07, 2019 10:53 am

HammeredWasp wrote:Our new keeper caught out again for the goal, .

Expecting the keepers defence league to spring into action just like they do every time we concede a goal from a cross. Or is that dependent in who's in goal??
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Elmslie Ender » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:05 am

Academy keepers are notoriously poor at coming for and claiming crosses. They are simply no longer thought that part of the game. We see it time and time again when there is a youngster in goal.
Elmslie Ender

Postby The Guvnor » Wed Aug 07, 2019 11:30 am

Elmslie Ender wrote:Academy keepers are notoriously poor at coming for and claiming crosses.

Oxborough is not in the Norwich Academy, he is 21 a professional and their 3rd choice.

I thought he took some good crosses under pressure last night and their goal was absolutely not his fault.

Whoever was marking their centre back last night lost him and then just to show we learned our lesson the same thing happened about 10 minutes later but we got away with it that time.

Dont confuse Oxborough with Readings 14th choice keeper.
The Guvnor

Postby shortstuff » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:10 pm

Not there last night but based on comments made, that is the second game a Centre Half has escaped marker to score. This is an area that needs to be focused on before it costs us more points.
shortstuff

Postby worruz » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:34 pm

charlie wrote:Everyone drinking pints inside the ground , Several sale points inside the ground for beer/larger.... Why not at The Vale ?... £££££.

More questions for the club ???... along with No official Smudger etc etc etc.

You asked the question Why have Dulwich increased the crowds by so much?.. Observe last night for some answers

If I'm not mistaken two of our younger fans were ejected for underage drinking.

If that is a reason to be ejected I don't think I'd have seen the end of a game when I was 17.
worruz

Postby worruz » Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:58 pm

Thought we were much the better side until we concede. Good possession and almost but not quite producing goal scoring chances.
Need to get more men around Ross when we're on top.

Disappointing goal to concede. Good attack them a sloppy pass from Green, they break and get a corner from which they scored.

Second half we were nowhere near as good although we should have scored near the end. My first game since Woking so I don't know most of these players.
I was fairly impressed with what I saw and we'll need patience. I think we'll progress and a play off place should be targeted again in my opinion.

As an aside they have a good set up with bars at both ends selling food and drink as well as a clubhouse. Have to say best looking female non-league fan base I've ever seen as well.
Clubhouse bar staff decent also. Had to be said.
worruz

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum