Stones 1 Chippenham Town 0

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: Stones 1 Chippenham Town 0

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:08 pm

Royal Blue wrote:
Big Phil wrote:You may not agree with them but there is no problem with a bit of banter from the likes of Guvnor, Charlie, and Not Happy etc.As the Guvnor said it can liven up the forum .On yesterdays match it has all been said but my only worry is that we should of buried Chippenham but had to sweat it out in injury time with a corner and free kick on the edge of the box just to get the win.We may not be so fortunate in other matches.Also I think that in 3 of the 4 matches Connor Smith has been booked,and all fairly early on.Give him credit though he has calmed down after them so always still had 11 men on the pitch.Cannot afford too many red cards.

Yep, we should have buried them in the first 45 and the last 5 mins were particularly uncomfortable. HOWEVER, looking on the brighter side - we are the first team to beat Chippenham this season, they were riding high off the back of beating Billericay last time out AND had only conceded one other goal this season. So, when we do really start clinically finishing (not withstanding we are already the league's 2nd highest scorers), we are in for some good times. It'll come and it will have to against the best opponents, as you infer.

Hemel will be very interesting.

Second best scorers and best defensively.

The best scorers are Chelmsford on 10 but have let in 7, similar to what I felt we were going to be but 2 clean sheets in 4 helps.
Stoney Ground

Postby BillyByrneFan » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:34 pm

Well, we were expecting to drop a place tonight but 100% record Dorking's wheels came off in style going down 6-0 to H&W.
BillyByrneFan

Postby Stoney Ground » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:04 pm

BillyByrneFan wrote:Well, we were expecting to drop a place tonight but 100% record Dorking's wheels came off in style going down 6-0 to H&W.

We are now 3rd top scorers :roll:
Stoney Ground

Postby worruz » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:44 pm

Genuine question.

Are people genuinely looking at the league table/goals scored etc at the moment?

We have a new manager and coaches and practically a whole new squad and are attempting to play decent football and score lots of goals in the three league games I’ve seen.

Leave it be and let us develop.

Judge post Christmas at the earliest IMHO
worruz

Postby The Guvnor » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:12 am

BillyByrneFan wrote:Well, we were expecting to drop a place tonight but 100% record Dorking's wheels came off in style going down 6-0 to H&W.

Seriously ?

I expect Havant to win the league by about 10 points and that was always going to be a home win for me but 6 is a surprise.

However, its ridiculous to start looking at league tables at the moment they don't mean a thing, although of course I'd rather have the points than not.

Lets discuss it when we start in the FA Cup.

What I will say though is that we haven't played anyone yet that will finish above us in my opinion so I think we've had a generous start to the campaign. Tougher tests to come for sure.
The Guvnor

Postby FGW » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:38 am

Match pics courtesy of Richard Chappell from the game can be viewed at:

https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/chippenh ... 05526.html
FGW

Postby Royal Blue » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:34 am

worruz wrote:Genuine question.

Are people genuinely looking at the league table/goals scored etc at the moment?

We have a new manager and coaches and practically a whole new squad and are attempting to play decent football and score lots of goals in the three league games I’ve seen.

Leave it be and let us develop.

Judge post Christmas at the earliest IMHO

Bang on. I think there's a bit more musing because there's genuine interest and excitement at the mo, that's all. Football fatigue will come and it'll go quiet again. In fact, I think I'm feeling it already.
Royal Blue

Postby abuzza » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:08 am

My first game of the season Tuesday night, quite early for me, usually I don't get down until September or October.

Got to say some of the football in the first half was fantastic, long time since we've seen such exhilarating and enjoyable stuff, particularly at home. Yes, some stray passes and occasionally profligate with both possession and finishing. But this team looks like it will get better.

Overall very optimistic, if necessarily cautious at this stage in the season.
abuzza

Previous

Return to stonesnet forum