NATIONAL LEAGUE CANCELLED

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE CANCELLED

Postby attic » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:32 am

Oh well, Happy St George's Day!!!!! :)
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby worruz » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:41 am

attic wrote:Oh well, Happy St George's Day!!!!! :)

Yes, that most English of Saints
'The last time I saw McGowan he was dismantling those Erics.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby charlie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:32 am

What happens on St Georges Day ?

Do we still sing "Onward Christian Soldiers".. in School Assembly.. or dance round the May Pole.

Or hold up flags and talk about them.

Charlie.. "We don t do anything"..... A bit like now .
charlie

Postby Windermere Bore » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:25 pm

Post deleted due to satirical content :?
Last edited by Windermere Bore on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windermere Bore

Postby deadly » Thu Apr 23, 2020 12:27 pm

attic wrote:Lets wait and see. We all know some people with power have two faces. One for public, the other private. Lots of encouraging things being said on social media. However, we all know when it comes to it, people often hold their nose when they vote and do so for their own self interest.

Back to Football...

Have to agree here Adam.

Mr Robinson, Chairman of the Isthmian League AND FA Committee member for instance has indicated in an radio interview that even if it is Null & Void throughout the leagues (hopefully), there will be at least one club 'adjusting' throughout the leagues, and therefore be promoted regardless.
That statement, on the face of it should mean that Wealdstone will eventually be promoted.

However, we all remember the hollow assurances given by the Isthmian League officials in the lead up to our non-promotion season.

Fingers crossed that this time he is correct, especially if the POLL and the VOTE go against us.
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:07 pm

worruz wrote:

Here we go ;) What starts off as simple well wishing usually ends up with subjects such as DNA, nuclear readiness against terrorist states or why on Earth do we Roast Beefs love to go out into the sun without sunblock :D

Anyways as Deadly says back to the football. Still so many variables regarding this vote. Apparently null and void is off the table....apparently. However if clubs can't make their minds up then its back on. What the hell is going on???
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

Postby Windermere Bore » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:16 pm

:?:
Last edited by Windermere Bore on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windermere Bore

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 1:54 pm

worruz wrote:

I'm sure it's been discussed on here before but I'm in the St. Edmund camp. I don't want to share my "national saint", Edmund was at least English and he's got a lovely brewery over there in Suffolk.
BillyByrneFan

Postby deadly » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:18 pm

Money Talks? Germany Leads, England follows?

https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... t-approves

If the Bundesliga does manage to start in May behind closed doors, then the lobbying for England's Premier League to follow suit will be intense I recon.
Of course, like dominoes, the Championship, League One and League Two may even follow.

By then, things may be a bit clearer...

But I would not bet on it.

I wonder by what date the National League will hand out to the North & South clubs the options that they are 'diligently' preparing by?
May 9th perhaps?

EDIT: And in Today's Metro newspaper (but not online) under the headline: 'Play-Offs still in the mix as National League ends' is a report on the first vote, and it ends with "Points-per-game appears likely it be used to determine league positions with promotion play-offs believed to still be under serious consideration"
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby BornundertheElmslie » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:15 pm

UEFA's announcement today is interesting. Leagues can be cancelled in exceptional circumstances

- Existence of an official order prohibiting sports events so that the domestic competitions cannot be completed before a date that would make it possible to complete the current season in good time before the next season to start.
- Insurmountable economic problems which make finishing the season impossible because it would put at risk the long-term financial stability of the domestic competition and/or clubs.

But European places can only be awarded based on sporting merit. So that means PPG or a variation of for the top divisions across the continent if they are unable to continue. And if leagues don't do that, they will be refused entry into European competitions.

Absolutely as it should be; any competition this far down the line should be concluded based on sporting merit. Sport is supposed to be a meritocracy and voiding a competition only rewards those that have been consistently poor.

https://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/news/newsid=2641715.html
BornundertheElmslie

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum