NATIONAL LEAGUE CANCELLED

For all things Wealdstone FC

Re: NATIONAL LEAGUE CANCELLED

Postby Kettering punchbag. » Thu Apr 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Me too BBF.
Always have been but until he's formally adopted as the patron saint, i'll go with St George. Sick to death of the annual he was Syrian, never came here bollocks.
Nothing beats having fellow countrymen dumbing down our designated national day. If you recognise it then fine, celebrate it whichever way you feel appropriate. If you don't then once again that's fine but don't attempt to belittle those who choose to especially now when apparently we're calling for unity.

Btw, not so sure there was any snakes in Eire and Scots Andy was from Northumbria.
Hope this helps.
Kettering punchbag.

Postby Stoney Ground » Thu Apr 23, 2020 7:54 pm

Kettering punchbag. wrote:Me too BBF.
Always have been but until he's formally adopted as the patron saint, i'll go with St George. Sick to death of the annual he was Syrian, never came here bollocks.
Nothing beats having fellow countrymen dumbing down our designated national day. If you recognise it then fine, celebrate it whichever way you feel appropriate. If you don't then once again that's fine but don't attempt to belittle those who choose to especially now when apparently we're calling for unity.

Btw, not so sure there was any snakes in Eire and Scots Andy was from Northumbria.
Hope this helps.

Are you having a roast beef kebab tonight in celebration :lol:
Stoney Ground

Postby BillyByrneFan » Thu Apr 23, 2020 8:53 pm

Kettering punchbag. wrote:Me too BBF.

Hope this helps.

I do still celebrate it as Edmund is very unlikely to get the gig. I've even signed various petitions down the years to get 23rd recognised as a public holiday.
BillyByrneFan

Postby worruz » Thu Apr 23, 2020 9:14 pm

Kettering punchbag. wrote: apparently we're calling for unity.

Sadly a percentage of people who celebrate St George very often seem to advocate disunity from what I see on social media every 23rd April.
Sadly to some (and it is only some) people 'patiotism' appears to be wrapped up in hatred.

Some not all. Although it's a sizeable some.

Anyway I hope you enjoyed your April 23rd. Not being particularly religious I haven't got much interest but I'm all for people being happy to celebrate something.
'The last time I saw McGowan he was dismantling those Erics.'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdUoZJvdipA
worruz

Postby deadly » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:30 pm

This was posted on the National South Nomads forum by a Dorking fan:

'Marc White just hosted a Zoom forum for Dorking season ticket holders. The clubs get the voting details tomorrow, He thinks there are something like 4 options. Final table as it is, Null and void, PPG and play-offs, PPG and no play offs,

He said he thought the NL (ie step 1) stands to lose a lot of money because of televised games which now won't happen and that the big clubs in that division are not happy to end the season now.'

Not sure if the Dorking Chairman is either guessing or has inside info.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby Windermere Bore » Thu Apr 23, 2020 10:42 pm

:?:
Last edited by Windermere Bore on Wed Apr 29, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Windermere Bore

Postby Stoney Ground » Thu Apr 23, 2020 11:09 pm

deadly wrote:This was posted on the National South Nomads forum by a Dorking fan:

'Marc White just hosted a Zoom forum for Dorking season ticket holders. The clubs get the voting details tomorrow, He thinks there are something like 4 options. Final table as it is, Null and void, PPG and play-offs, PPG and no play offs,

He said he thought the NL (ie step 1) stands to lose a lot of money because of televised games which now won't happen and that the big clubs in that division are not happy to end the season now.'

But the season has been ended now, other than any play offs.
Stoney Ground

Postby Ronnie » Fri Apr 24, 2020 3:56 am

Windermere Bore wrote:You, Alan Couch and his late brother Roy are the only people at the Club that I've never heard anyone say a bad word about

Are you Ally in disguise? What a load of tosh in this week of all weeks.
Ronnie

Postby deadly » Fri Apr 24, 2020 6:20 am

Stoney Ground wrote:
deadly wrote:This was posted on the National South Nomads forum by a Dorking fan:

But the season has been ended now, other than any play offs.

Yes, the season has been ended, there will be no more games as you say, apart from any play-offs, but they still can apply any of the options above or any other proposals.
We should know fairly soon.

Here is a report in the Telegraph (dated 1st April, yes that day!) on the matter:
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/20 ... de-season/

'Voiding 2019-20 appears unlikely following the likes of South Shields in the Northern Premier League threatening legal action over the season getting scrapped.
One proposal is looking to restart the season at a later date but this is complicated by player contracts ending at different dates over the next two months, which could leave some squads short on numbers.
It is more likely that there will be a league table based on points-per-match, followed by a play-off to decide final placings when football returns.
The National League board is waiting on legal confirmation before putting it to the vote. '

I would imagine that the board will ask that details of each teams intentions for the POLL are kept confidential again, but hopefully the details of what the options actually are will be disseminated one way or another.
I suspect that the options put to National North and South clubs will be restricted to how placings are decided in the North & South divisions and after that decisions on promotion & relegation will be decided only in the SECOND VOTE, where The North & South Divisions will get only 4 votes each.

While we wait, does anyone know who actually sits on the National League board?
There is of course no information on their website.

Deadly Bated Breath.
Fingers still tightly crossed. :roll: :roll: :roll:
"..You love bloody Weadstone more than you love me.." answer: YES.
deadly

Postby attic » Fri Apr 24, 2020 8:44 am

I'm sure they've got all kinds of medium at work trying to get the ghost of Alan Turvey to appear Obi Wan Kenobi style. He alone will make the final judgement.
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.
attic

PreviousNext

Return to stonesnet forum